Steakhouse55 vs Napa Rose

mmlover74

Mouseketeer
I will be in DL for our 8th anniversary. We are bringing a sitter to stay with our son while we have a grown up meal. We never ate at either place, so please give me your pros and cons on each place...and what is a MUST to try that they are known for. Thank you!!

I will be in DL for our 8th anniversary. We are bringing a sitter to stay with our son while we have a grown up meal. We never ate at either place, so please give me your pros and cons on each place...and what is a MUST to try that they are known for. Thank you!!

Never ate at 55, but I say chefs counter at napa rose. Ask for seats 5 and 6 or 7 & 8.

We've ate there twice at the counter for our anniversary. Its amazing.

Napa Rose is amazing. My wife and I went to the lounge for dinner during our anniversary trip. Service, food, and atmosphere were great. Here was my review from our trip in early September:

Napa Rose (at Grand Californian Hotel) - Where Blue Bayou wins in ambiance, Napa Rose sits above all in food quality. Hands down, the best restaurant in DLR - no other holds a candle to it among all DL, DCA, or Downtown Disney restaurants. Try the diver scallops to start, melts in your mouth. I had the pork chop, was a great flavor profile topped with peaches and a black bean & bacon base. My wife had the filet (requested medium rare finish), again, melts in your mouth. Ask for the Lasseter Winery Rose - John Lasseter's family owns vineyards and they distribute their wine to Disney resorts only, not sold in stores! Very cool and unique thing to try, keep the cork as a keepsake! Best dessert on the menu is the smore, blew my mind! MUST TRY. Expensive (more than Blue Bayou), but if you're willing or able to do one big dinner out, go to Napa Rose. The bar lounge has a better ambiance than the dining room, so sit there - first come, first served.

Thanks for the suggestions. We would love to hear from others. The menu at Napa Rose seems very esquisite.

Napa rose is our favorite restaurant anywhere. I can't even recommend a dish because everything we have eaten there has been amazing. The wine list is extensive, and again, nothing less than amazing.

Thanks for the suggestions. We would love to hear from others. The menu at Napa Rose seems very esquisite.

We love Steak 55 because of its classic steakhouse ambience. There are sepia toned large pictures of Walt and Lily, as well as other Hollywood stars from Hollywoods glory days. It is very reminisent of Smith and Lowenskys in Chicago, with thick aged steaks that are a connoisseurs delight! The lighting is soft with waiters who are so professional that you hardly need to ask for anything... Very different from Napa Rose, truly a special restaurant in its own way and you will have a memorable anniversary dinner at either place! Congratulations!! Karen and Ron

I love both restaurants, and agree with Karen and Ron that you're choosing between two real winners. Rest assured, either way you are going to have a special, delicious meal.

I think the pros to Steahouse 55 are that it feels more intimate, offers a more traditional menu for those who aren't so adventurous, is not very well-known so seems more like a well-kept secret, is convenient if you are staying in the DLH, and may be just a touch less expensive.

In my opinion the pros to Napa Rose are the more casual (yet still elegant) atmosphere, the service (when it is as it should be, it is spot on, but that is not always the case), the more varied and unique menu, the impressive selection of wines by the glass (and the wine knowledge of the staff in general), the convenience to the rest of the resort, and the reputation as one of the best-rated restaurants in all of Southern California.

Our most amazing experience was the Chefs's Counter sat Napa Rose. DH and I talked about that experience for months. A year later we ate in the main dining room at Napa and Steakhouse 55 in the same trip. We both liked our meals at Steakhouse 55 better...DH is the ultimate carnivore...though I could do without steak. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Have a wonderful time!!!

We are going to Napa Rose at the Chef's Counter...so looking forward to it. Thanks for your help!!

My husband and I JUST did Napa Rose Saturday night for our anniversary. it was amazing. We always do the Vinter's Table (he does wine pairing), and we are never disappointed. If you can swing the cost, I would highly recommend. It is our rare indulgence with food, and I don't regret a single penny.

I have done both as well and loved them but I like SH55 a bit better. it was a more intimate and quiet dinner with excellent service. We were early (5:30 P.M.) so the place was not crowded. The food was awesome.
At Napa Rose it has a more open and slightly less elegant fee.l As stated before the menu is more varied, I had a pheasant appetizer that was nicely presented but I didn't care for but the pork chop was the best I have had. Service was very friendly and a bit more casual as well. The bar and dining room are beautiful. Both places are wonderful.

My husband and I JUST did Napa Rose Saturday night for our anniversary. it was amazing. We always do the Vinter's Table (he does wine pairing), and we are never disappointed. If you can swing the cost, I would highly recommend. It is our rare indulgence with food, and I don't regret a single penny.

What did you eat? We are doing the Vinter's Table as well. My son wants to come to the dinner with us, but um no!! I am so looking forward to it.

What did you eat? We are doing the Vinter's Table as well. My son wants to come to the dinner with us, but um no!! I am so looking forward to it.

Ohh...I think first course was a Jumbo Prawn stuffed with Shrimp with n Ahi Tuna side, Second Course was a Pheasant and Fig dish, Main Course was Lamb with Fall Vegetables, and Dessert was an Apple Semifreddo with diced apples and Jalapenos (Not Spicy). We also got the traditional Amuse Bouche, and an additional little mushroom soup dish because the kitchen was backed up with a large party and there was a little wait (which we never mind because it just gives us more time at the restaurant!!

Sometimes at Chefs Table they'll create an off menu Vinters Table for you. Let the chef do whatever he wants, and you wont be disappointed. When we did Chefs Table visit before last, one of us got the menu Vinters Table and one of us got a specially created one. Both were awesome. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter