Steak outside of the parks?

DreaGirl

DIS Veteran
Which restaurant would you suggest for a steak dinner outside of the parks? DH has requested a "steak place" as one of our ADRs. Suggestions?

If you mean at WDW but not inside a park, I'd recommend Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club, for a traditional steak place. Although the best steak I've had in WDW was at Jiko. Great filet. But for more steak choices & options I'd do Yachtsman.

If you mean at WDW but not inside a park, I'd recommend Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club, for a traditional steak place. Although the best steak I've had in WDW was at Jiko. Great filet. But for more steak choices & options I'd do Yachtsman.

Exactly what I mean...for some reason I couldn't clarify my thought...I stayed up to late last night watching the Sopranos. :)

We have been to Yachtsman twice. In Oct '06 & this past January. We had an excellent meal in Oct. & a good meal in January. Steaks were very good both times, but on our 2nd visit our service wasn't as quite as good. (cold potatoes) If your DH is looking for steak & potatoes it's a very good choice. I've heard Shula's is very good but more pricey & some have complained that the atmosphere was a bit snooty.

I agree with Jiko being the best filet on property, and also that Yachtsman will have more beef options. Shula's over at the S or D (I can never remember which) is also a great steak place.

Hi - our favourite is probably the Yachtsman, however the California Grill and Jiko are also very special with excellent service and surroundings , with CG scoring high on spectacular views and the chance to see Wishes....oh no choices.....enjoy!:banana:

Strictly speaking steaks...

Shula's and Yachtsman Steakhouse. Both are steak oriented, and outside of the parks. Other places have good steak as well (Jiko, Flying Fish and Blue Zoo for example), but they aren't mainly about steak/beef.

If you will be in town long enough and have a car then my recommendation would be to get on I-4 and head into Tampa.

What is widely (ok, in some circles) considered to be a top 20 or maybe even a top 10 restaurant in the country, Bern's Steakhouse on Howard Ave had one of if not the finest selections of aged beef on the planet. Oh, should you happen to like a good glass of Cab with your cow, have some patience while perusing through their inch think wine book, not a sheet, not a menu but a book.

There are enough sommoliers on site to average 1 per every 2 tables and if you're interested, they can set you up with the kitchen and wine cellar tour afterwards. The overall experience will be well worth the trip (about 75 minutes from WDW), price and the 3 hours that you will be there. Do leave room for dessert as you will be whicked away to a private room upstairs where you will then be blessed with another book to read through (mostly cordials) and can also read the walls of your booth and gain some insight from then.

I have been there 3x and would love a 4th but that probably won't be for a while.

At the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary. At least I liked it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter