• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Steak house 55 or Napa rose?

Breakfast at Steakhouse 55 is really good. The first two times I went I LOVED Steakhouse, the last two not so much. I think they changed chefs and maybe it's just not to my liking. I have never been to Napa but it get's great reviews.

I don't think I would do the chefs table since there are 4 of us and I don't eat seafood

We have done Steakhouse 55 and found it a terrific experience. We were well kept after, the food was spectacular, it was a really terrific meal. Even surprised with a complimentary amuse-buche from the chef for both the adults and one for the kidlet. The next day we had lunch at Blue Bayou and sadly the food there was really disappointing for anything ordered except the Monte Cristo sandwich. I have yet to go to Napa Rose, but found dinner a terrific success at Steakhouse 55. And we had chosen the steakhouse over Napa for our Anniversary dinner because we thought the kidlet might be a tad too young to behave right. She ended up giving us the best anniversary gift, impeccably dinner behavior.

I don't think I would do the chefs table since there are 4 of us and I don't eat seafood

They will cater around that. While my tastes have improved, for the longest time I was a meat and potatoes only guy and I loved Chef's Counter and would gladly do it again.

That said, our last visit to Steakhouse 55 was really disappointing. Service just seemed really off and slow, food quality was not nearly up to par from previous visits, and overall just wasn't an enjoyable experience. Normally I'd pick Steakhouse over Napa any day of the week, but right now i'd lean towards Napa Rose

Depends on what you like in a meal..Steakhouse 55 tends to be more traditional plates of larger portions...think big pile of steak and potatoes. Napa Rose tends to be more "foodie" dishes with smaller portions bot more exotic flavors and combinations.

I am a VERY simple and picky eater but I love Napa Rose.

Go Napa rose. Steakhouse 55 is terrific but you can get the same thing at a Ruth's Chris or something like that. Napa Rose is a mod unique experience

We like both but prefer the location and ambiance of Napa. The menu is a little lighter too. I found Steakhouse 55 wonderful but heavy.

I was thinking about this choice for our trip in Sept., and chose Napa Rose chef's counter for the same reason as chrisaman stated. Great steak houses are available everywhere. My brother is a manager at a Ruth's Chris, and we've been to Morton's in Seattle. Napa's kind of uniquely Californian foodie in style, with an emphasis on great wines, which really appeals to us more than steak and potatoes.

Our family prefers Steakhouse 55. We always have great service and the food is always spectacular. We are "known" there, so we do get a little special treatment. A couple trips ago, I commented to the chef I'd love to do the asparagus, but my DD hates it. He grinned, and when food came out, here came a HUGE plate of asparagus, wrapped in bacon, after having been sauteed in bacon, with a brown sugar and Hennessy coating. DD only let me have about 4 pieces out of about 20! She actually took the left overs into the park after dinner for a snack.

13600252_10210044050161369_8158580121821388635_n.jpg

Napa Rose is the better restaurant and a unique experience and setting.

Steakhouse 55 is good, very good in fact, but no different from any high end steakhouse any place.

Napa Rose is the better restaurant and a unique experience and setting.

Steakhouse 55 is good, very good in fact, but no different from any high end steakhouse any place.
Luckily there are a variety of restaurants because everyone has their own tastes, I don't care for Napa Rose. I had specifically told Chef Sutton I did not like spicy. One of the dishes he brought me he warned was spicy but "You'll like it how I do it." I didn't. I also commented I didn't like most fish, he asked if I liked prawns and I said yes, so he took the Diver Scallop dish and redid it with extra large prawns. I did enjoy that. But overall, Napa Rose hasn't been a great restaurant for me. I have friends who love it there, so we do go occasionally.

As for settings, I don't find the regular seating in Napa Rose anything special. I really do enjoy the setting in Steakhouse. I love the photos on the walls. The new chairs (well, a year old now) are very comfortable. It is just a difference in preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter