• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying up

They are cutting a tiny tube. They are not cutting off his legs. If he needs something he can go get it.

If you are not capable of raising a child, then a vasectomy is NOT needless. Indeed, it is very responsible of your DH to make sure there are no children.

You have posted about this procedure before if I am not mistaken. And everyone tells you it is no big deal. Why do you not believe them? And if you do not believe them, why do you continue to ask for advice? Their replies will not change.

Yes!

And of course your Aunt wanted to come with you last time. Based on your questions and grasp of real life situations here she knows you can't handle things like this on your own. I'm not trying to be mean - just addressing the obvious.

You also seemed - at that time - to have a better grasp on punctuation and spelling.

Thanks everyone I did not know if he would be able to walk or not, I am glad to hear that he can, for those who think he got the preclude done last year if did not work out

Thanks everyone I did not know if he would be able to walk or not, I am glad to hear that he can, for those who think he got the preclude done last year if did not work out

Why would you think he wouldn't be able to walk? I'm sure when you went to the Dr for the consultation they explained everything to you, right? I can't imagine they said he wouldn't be able to walk.

But again, why a separate room? There is no medical reason he has to sleep apart from you after the procedure. :confused3

You and your DH need to talk to his doctor so you both can clearly understand what to expect before, during and after. If you didn't even know whether he can walk, it doesn't seem like you have a grasp on what to expect.

Tink the DR or their nurse should have went over all of this with you before hand, BUT if they didn't when he has it done before they let him go home they will go over everything you will need to know and should give you a paper explaining it all

Before you go take a piece of paper and write down all your questions that you may have and show the nurse the questions. have a pen with you to write down anything you are unsure of. Make sure you know what you are doing before you leave the office, and get a phone number to call with questions. If you have a "call a nurse" or a "nurse direct" line in your community look up the number for that.

They will ask you if you understand before you leave, make sure you do, they want you to know.

Before he has it done buy a few bags of frozen peas and have at home.

You and he will be fine!

Tink the DR or their nurse should have went over all of this with you before hand, BUT if they didn't when he has it done before they let him go home they will go over everything you will need to know and should give you a paper explaining it all

Before you go take a piece of paper and write down all your questions that you may have and show the nurse the questions. have a pen with you to write down anything you are unsure of. Make sure you know what you are doing before you leave the office, and get a phone number to call with questions. If you have a "call a nurse" or a "nurse direct" line in your community look up the number for that.

They will ask you if you understand before you leave, make sure you do, they want you to know.

Before he has it done buy a few bags of frozen peas and have at home.

You and he will be fine!

Thanks for the tip

They are cutting a tiny tube. They are not cutting off his legs. If he needs something he can go get it.

Exactly :thumbsup2 I was up and about as soon as we left the DRs office he did it right there and in about 15 min. It was more painfull when he was finding the tube he had to cut than the actual procedure.

Ya know, the more I think about it and the more you respond about not knowing what is really going on, maybe your Aunt should be going with you.

Ya know, the more I think about it and the more you respond about not knowing what is really going on, maybe your Aunt should be going with you.

They will be fine.

They won't be discharged without going over everything with them. and given written instructions. (no one wants sued) There isn't much they have to do.

I'm more worried about them depending on it before it has been checked!

Having undergone this very simple procedure, I can tell you that the only help I needed was a ride home immediately afterward. I was perfectly fine doing things around the house that same day. The next day, I was out in the yard cutting the grass. As long as he's not jumping around or jogging - an activity that would cause a lot of jostling - he should be fine.

It's no big deal ... relax.

Exactly :thumbsup2 I was up and about as soon as we left the DRs office he did it right there and in about 15 min. It was more painfull when he was finding the tube he had to cut than the actual procedure.

That is nice to know

They will be fine.

They won't be discharged without going over everything with them. and given written instructions. (no one wants sued) There isn't much they have to do.

I'm more worried about them depending on it before it has been checked!

My mom is going with us

I could swear you had a post a year or more ago that your husband had a vasectomy. I seem to recall you were complaining about your aunt or mother wanting to come along - or them doing something to make you upset.

If I'm wrong I apologize!

I am glad you posted this; I was thinking the same thing and wondering about it too.

OP- I will just re iterate what everyone else said:

1. This is a basic procedure and your husband will be able to take care of his own needs just fine. He should take it easy (so no working out, no carrying heavy stuff, etc) but he will easily be able to handle fixing himself a drink or small meal, etc.

2. The doctor should give you all the information about this before the procedure. Talk to the doctor and look over the paperwork an ask questions if you are confused. If, at that point you do not feel comfortable, then do please take your mother or aunt or some more able caregiver with you.

My mom is going with us

Tink that is great! it is always helpful to have a third set of ears. But make sure they are talking to you and not your Mother. You are the one going home with him and should be the one they are addressing. Take your written questions and ask everything you don't understand, speak up if you don't follow something or if they are aiming everything at your Mom.

My ex had a vasectomy so I truly do understand why he would want to be in another room. Mine would rather sleep on the couch with a bag of peas than risk me kicking him in the middle of the night "his words".

Honestly it is a 15 min procedure and in and out.... My father claimed to go play golf the same day but for each their own. This should be a simple procedure that you can sit in the waiting room for and coddle him for a week, (sorry but most men are babies when it comes to pain from my experience).

Get your sleep!

Tink that is great! it is always helpful to have a third set of ears. But make sure they are talking to you and not your Mother. You are the one going home with him and should be the one they are addressing. Take your written questions and ask everything you don't understand, speak up if you don't follow something or if they are aiming everything at your Mom.

Hannathy, I understand that you are trying to help T&E be as independent as possible. However, neither you nor I nor anyone else on here can possibly know what really goes on in her life. To be honest, if she is actually wondering whether it is a good idea - or even possible - to stay up for 4 days straight, then she clearly needs a responsible adult in her life to help her make decisions, and her mother and aunt seem to be the ones available and willing.

Remember, we are only getting one side of the story, and a fairly confusing side at that. Those women may very well be caring, patient, understanding and supportive women for all we know. Again, we're only getting the side of someone who resents their input, but that input may be quite necessary. Answering T&E's questions is fine, but I don't think it is right to give unsolicited advice regarding her caregivers.

Hannathy, I understand that you are trying to help T&E be as independent as possible. However, neither you nor I nor anyone else on here can possibly know what really goes on in her life. To be honest, if she is actually wondering whether it is a good idea - or even possible - to stay up for 4 days straight, then she clearly needs a responsible adult in her life to help her make decisions, and her mother and aunt seem to be the ones available and willing.

Remember, we are only getting one side of the story, and a fairly confusing side at that. Those women may very well be caring, patient, understanding and supportive women for all we know. Again, we're only getting the side of someone who resents their input, but that input may be quite necessary. Answering T&E's questions is fine, but I don't think it is right to give unsolicited advice regarding her caregivers.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

(Hannathy--I don't think you did anything wrong though; without seeing this poster'S history it is easy to not realize the apparent extent of her problems and her tendencies to make mountains out of molehills. There was a time a few years ago when nearly everyone was taking her complaints about her aunt or mother at face value and encouraing telling them to stay out of her business, myself included)

You are making WAY more out of this than there is- I took my friend at work over to get one during our lunch hour on a Friday- he came back to work and sat there with a bag of peas on himself the rest of the day then drove himself home- There is NO reason for you to stay awake or for him to even call you to do anything, he is a grown man and will be fine when he walks in the door!

I understand Tinks abilities as well as anyone on here. I have also witnessed first hand that when they take a person with them many professionals speak only to the person with them, just ask anyone in a wheelchair!

I am only telling her to make sure SHE understands what is going on and they give the instructions to her and not her Mother. Her mother can listen but they need to be aimed at Tink and her husband.

I'm not giving advice to her caregivers at all, I am giving advice to Tink.

I understand Tinks abilities as well as anyone on here. I have also witnessed first hand that when they take a person with them many professionals speak only to the person with them, just ask anyone in a wheelchair!

I am only telling her to make sure SHE understands what is going on and they give the instructions to her and not her Mother. Her mother can listen but they need to be aimed at Tink and her husband.

I'm not giving advice to her caregivers at all, I am giving advice to Tink.

I may have read more into your post than was there. I have seen posters (not saying you specifically) downplay the role her mother and aunt play in her life in some of her other threads, and I think I had that in the back of my mind as I read this thread. I apologize for mis-reading your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter