Staying @ POP & want to decorate your window?We need someone to Takeover the thread!

For those of you using strands of lights. Try taking a picture of your window at night so we can see the look of your window in full effect!

You know what's funny, in my daily plans I had to schedule in time to decorate my window. It's late at night of course, but it's in there!

monymony3471 said:
For those of you using strands of lights. Try taking a picture of your window at night so we can see the look of your window in full effect!

You know what's funny, in my daily plans I had to schedule in time to decorate my window. It's late at night of course, but it's in there!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Just blame it all on Michelle!!! :teeth:

I agree that it would be great to see a lit window!!!! :thumbsup2

I was thinking of using a set of black lights that I got last year after halloween for next to nothing. And, I have a slew of glow sticks, and necklaces, I was thinking that would look really neat in the windows. I just don't want too much light coming back into the room at me. Last year we used clothes pins to keep the curtains closed, hehe.

Do we need to decorate for Halloween? Also, are lime green mickey heads manditory?

I just ordered cling paper from a company online. the paper is specially made for use in cars, so it should be cool. Now the big question, where do I get some really cool images to download?

Love this thread party: you people ROCK!

I put two six foot extension cords in the box (they are cheap ones from the dollar store, so they only seemed to 'fit' one way)... but good enough

disneyfan551 said:
Box 2 swappers...Is there an extension cord in the box? I just bought Halloween lights and gel cling ons for the box yesterday! :teeth:

I was so excited that I decorated as soon as we got there (before putting anything away)... while waiting for our fridge to be delivered. We would plug our lights in at night (of course no pics of that) before we went out... then unplugged in the am.. there wasn't too much light from them (they were small light, like the twinkle ones, but they didn't twinkle).

monymony3471 said:

What a great idea!! :thumbsup2

I think I fit into Box 1...I arrive on 1/22 and depart the morning of 1/30.

Hello!!! sadly Im back..it was so much fun...I saw one DISer on a bus but I couldn't get to her to say hi, and when we got to the Magic Kingdom she vanished. We saw a window decorated for a birthday but I dont think they belonged to us (This thread) as I didn't see any LGMH. I found we had too much decorations with us so we decorated the room with the remaining articals...which was fun too as the decor in the rooms was/is rather drab.

My mom and I caught a wicked cold, probably because it was boiling hot outside and freezing cold inside on the rides and restaurants. But meh, it was a SUPERCALIFRALISTICEXPALADOSHIS time!! Oh and Pin trading is soooooooooooo much fun!!

Hope you enjoy the pictures:
our window:
IM000120-1.jpg

our room:
IM000146.jpg

random window
IM000198.jpg

I'm so bummed I didn't get in on the swaps fast enough :sad2: I was too late for the fridge one too (always a day late and a few dollars short) We're at POP from 9/21 to 9/30. I'd be glad to help start another box if there's other's with dates similar that aren't quite meshing?!?! I'm going to Wally-World and the Dollar Tree tomorrow to look for clings, etc. I also have tons of Mickey Heads from the Countdown Calendar I had made for our office door. Is it okay to use Scotch tape on the windows - or do they frown on that? Let me know if anyone wants to start a new box - I'll be checking back.... :surfweb:

1800Disney,
It am sorry for you to hear that you are back!! :grouphug: But we really
appreciate the pics you put up for us. Did you just tape your Mickey Heads
to the lights, etc??? Mabey we could get you to do a TR for us??? :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 We will be there soon so if any DIS'ers see
me with my LGMH PLEASE say Hi. I would love to meet a fellow DIS friend! :Pinkbounc By the way, where did you get that Pirate Banner?
I would love to get one!!! pirate: pirate:

Grumpy MOM,
I will be there from the 17th- 24th. I hope to see you there. Lets check on the boards too see if you could squeeze in anywhere.

1800wdisney said:
sorry they are soooo big...I dont know how to shrink them.

:thumbsup2 They look fantastic!!!! I'm sure it will put mine to shame!!! :blush:

Don't forget to check the DIS Meets boards as well as other threads on this countdowns and live reports to find DISMEETS scheduled for your visit if you want to meet more DIS'ers! We have quite a few coming up in the next three weeks! Take a gander!

I love love love those windows!!!! I hope I can do something good! :thumbsup2

morning popers just had to say 13 days that rights under 2 weeks and we will be in wdw!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Items in Sad little box 6

so far

tape
sissors
little plastic skeletons
extension cord
lights
unused magnet strips

we are doing a MNSSHP/10th anniversary theme any cute ideas i have already taped mickey ears to the skeletons 3 in black for the boys 2 in purple for us girlies!

foaming at the mouth i am so exciteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keilani5 said:
1800Disney,
It am sorry for you to hear that you are back!! :grouphug: But we really
appreciate the pics you put up for us. Did you just tape your Mickey Heads
to the lights, etc??? Mabey we could get you to do a TR for us??? :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 We will be there soon so if any DIS'ers see
me with my LGMH PLEASE say Hi. I would love to meet a fellow DIS friend! :Pinkbounc By the way, where did you get that Pirate Banner?
I would love to get one!!! pirate: pirate:

Yes I taped the Mickey Heads onto the lights and window. I used scotch magic-invisible-tape (because it comes of better than the other scotch tape)

I got the pirate banner at Party Packagers (I don't know if they are in the USA but Im sure you have a simmilar store there :) )

I'm not sure what a TR is Im guessing a Trip report. If so here it is:

The weather was insane, it was super sunny in the morning hot as an oven in the afternoon then the skys would open up and rain. After the rain it was still hot and humid. The rain would last about an hour max. We just went into a resturant or a ride, by the time we were done so was the rain.

We made reservations for dinner before we left but didn't use a single one. Mainly because we were finished with the park and moved to another one. Then only reservation we kept was one for Breakfast at Animal Kingdom, and that was very disorganized, but we eventually got in and had our breaky with the characters.

The lines were basically non existant, like I said before we did most parks in one day and went to the next one. On the one day we went to MGM and then to Epcot, we had the whole Living Seas to ourselves, which was nice, no ankle biters screaming and crying...it was a welcomed change. LOL. We also literally walked on to Test Track, mind you we did it at 8:55 five min before it closed...but we did it!!! also Soaring was still a bit busy at 8pm so we had to wait, 20min which was well worth it. Most of the Stand-by (wait times) were no more than 20 min. for all parks. We hardly used Fasspass but its good to do so that you can do more rides.

The only thing I found rather disheartening was, the fact that the POP bussess always seemed to be the last ones to come or leave. We waited 20 minutes for our bus almost all the time while other resorts had two busses while we were still waiting.

It seemed that every park we decided to go to in the morning the whole hotel had the same idea, so we jumped on the first bus that came (and usually it had no line up) and went to that park, in our case we found that we tranfered at Epcot all the time. And we then jumped on the park bus that we wanted to go, or in the case of the MK we jumped on the Monorail -which was one of the highlights of my trip, I mean whats Disney with out the monorail?.

The POP restaurant was always busy, one day the computers were down and they had to write the reciepts by hand. The food was good, and the people were freindly and helpfull esp. to newbies like myself to the dinning plan.

My mom and I caught a terrible cold from the huge temperature changes from outside to inside...it seems the Air Conditioning in Florida is always set to near freezing...you may want to put a light sweater in your bag for the indoor wait areas...esp. Its Tough to be a Bug. That engery ride with Ellen DeGenerass, Sorin' etc.

I don't think I missed anything, I hope you all have fun!!!!! I wish I was going again. :sunny:

I asked this earlier but I don't think I got an answer......Are lime green mickeys required?

We_Love_Disney said:
I asked this earlier but I don't think I got an answer......Are lime green mickeys required?

Lime Green Mickeys are not required! But they are what will make it VERY obvious to others that you are a DISer. Nothing is required that I know of! Just have fun with it. But as you may have read, we are not the only ones that decorate our windows. If you don't have Lime Green Mickeys and want to make sure that others know you are "one of us" :rotfl2: then something else that is obviously lime green (I have streamers and balloons!), or even "DIS" displayed on the window should be sufficient.

We_Love_Disney said:

A LGMHPC tattoo on your forehead also works quite well, I think!!!! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter