• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying on the Ship in Nassau

reddog1473

Mouseketeer
It sounds like my family is going to stay on the ship during the Nassau port. What is there to do on the ship? Will there be enough activities to keep a 4 and 6 year old entertained all day? Any fun ideas would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate the help.

We love staying on the ship while at port and personally, after being to Nassau once, I would definitely stay on the ship! The pools and water slides are WAY LESS crowded, lots of things to do, I wouldn't worry with nothing to do! :-)

We stayed on the ship this past November, there was plenty to do! We just hit the pools for most of the day and the kids enjoyed the slides with little to no wait.

Midship Detective Game if on the Dream, lots of activities in the kids clubs, movies, pools, ect..... Our experience, alot of people did it, so the pools were only slightly less crowded than a sea day. Surprised me a bit.

It sounds like my family is going to stay on the ship during the Nassau port. What is there to do on the ship? Will there be enough activities to keep a 4 and 6 year old entertained all day? Any fun ideas would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate the help.
It's a DISNEY cruise meant to keep thousands of people as busy as they want to be with many activities for all age groups planned all day. The ship doesn't close down in Port, the kids will have a blast.

We stayed on board 10 years ago on our last DCL cruise and are staying onboard again on our cruise that leaves 3/13/16, hoping to get a good day of relaxing pool side in:)

You will find open house times for the kids clubs, so you can go in and join them!

We have stayed on ship the past few times and each time we do, we find that it gets more and more crowded as more people begin to do this! We have done Nassau a few times and are just NOT having any desire at all to do it again. We always find there is plenty to do for kids and adults if you stay on the ship and in all honesty, you won't even notice too much of a difference in people as I didn't find it that much less crowded!

There will be lots of stuff going on the ship when you are in port. Last time we were in Nassau we stayed on the ship and to be honest there were so many people that did it seemed like a sea day. I found on the longer 7 night cruises more people get off the ship but on the short 3-4 days many many more stay on.

We have stayed on ship the past few times and each time we do, we find that it gets more and more crowded as more people begin to do this! We have done Nassau a few times and are just NOT having any desire at all to do it again. We always find there is plenty to do for kids and adults if you stay on the ship and in all honesty, you won't even notice too much of a difference in people as I didn't find it that much less crowded!

We stayed on board 10 years ago on our last DCL cruise and are staying onboard again on our cruise that leaves 3/13/16, hoping to get a good day of relaxing pool side in:)
I agree. We stayed on the Wonder during our first cruise 8 years ago and had the ship to ourselves. We just finished a cruise on the Magic yesterday and found the pool deck and activities packed on Nassau day. I enjoyed it very much because it was like another sea day (not quite as crowded).

We never get off in Nassau anymore, it's not worth the hassle honestly, and the ship is so nice and empty on Port days!

Are the pools super crowded onboard during the Nassau days? We are thinking we will stay on board as well.

We stayed on the ship with a two-year-old on Nassau day. To the best of my recollection, we went to open house for the kids' club (where we saw Mickey's Puzzle Playtime), did Mid-Ship Detective Agency, took a nap, went to the Nemo splash zone, etc. We had plenty to do! We didn't even have enough time for a movie in the theater like we wanted.

We stayed on board last week on the Magic, it was a great day. Ship was maybe 1/2 full if I had to guess. We swam, saw Zootopia, swam and slides some more, dance party by the pool and then bipitty boppity for pirate night- super relaxing and everyone was happy

We were just on the Wonder last week and stayed on the ship in Nassau. We were traveling with another family. The kids wanted to go to the club/lab so the adults went and hung out in the cove pool. That afternoon, the dads took the kids to see Zootopia and the moms went to the spa. It was a relaxing, enjoyable day.

We stayed on board for our last trip and had no problems finding things to do. There seemed to be more people who stayed on board than in the past, and we will be adding to that number if we do the Nassau trips in the future. That is unless they add a new shore excursion that interests us. :)

After touring Nassau twice, the last trip on the Dream we stayed on board. It was glorious and future trips we will do the same. While definitely not deserted, the ship wasn't AS packed as it is on sea day (Dream) and now I cruise more for the ships and relaxation than the touring. You will NOT be bored unless you prefer a very active itinerary.

Pretty much every activity that is available while the ship is at sea is also available while in Nassau. Exceptions are; shops are closed, brunch in Palo/Remy is not offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter