• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying on the ride?

mat5

Mouseketeer
I know during some slow evenings at the Parks.
You can stay on the ride an ride again if there is no one
else waiting, Can you do this on any WDW ride?
Is it up to the cast member, or do you just need to ask?

We have done it on BTMRR and a few outher rides the cast member ask us do you want to go again and off we go.

Ron.

You can't do it on POtC, as the boats go through a region with no head clearance between the exit area and the boarding area.

I think it must depend on the cast member. We were on the TTA last time with no queue whatsoever, and asked to stay on and were told no. We were like :confused3 So we got off, went down the out slope, back up the in slope and onto the next car. What was the point of that? Jobsworth!

We did it on Dumbo during evening EMH. (about 1:30 am) The CM asked us if we just wanted to stay on.

Actually, do you call people jobsworths in the US or have I just thrown in a random bit of UK slang there?

Actually, do you call people jobsworths in the US or have I just thrown in a random bit of UK slang there?

Random to me. I have no idea what you are talking about. That's normal for me though. :rotfl:

This question made me chuckle. Some things at Disney you just cannot *gasp* plan! It just has to happen naturally. :rotfl:

We have done it on several rides (Kali, Splash, BTTM etc). We usally just ask.

No idea what a jobsworths is???????

I think it must depend on the cast member. We were on the TTA last time with no queue whatsoever, and asked to stay on and were told no. We were like :confused3 So we got off, went down the out slope, back up the in slope and onto the next car. What was the point of that? Jobsworth!

Funny since that is the one ride I have ridden twice without having to exit. Of course it might have helped that my 17 month old asked again when it was time to exit.

If it's a slow night, just ask the CM. When I did the CP in Fantasyland attractions I'd let families ride the Tea Cups over and over and over without getting off before closing because there was hardly ever anyone waiting the last 30 before closing. Harder to do with rides like Dumbo that always seem to have a line up till closing. Never hurts to ask with a smile!

We found out an interesting bit of info when we went to an MNSSHP that they'd only sold 8000 tickets for (i.e. it was EMPTY!):

You can ride Space Mountain again without going through the line, but there's a CM only ramp that you have to go up to get to the loading area (have to get out of the ride cars because they go through the backstage/no clearance area).

We were tickled pink to learn that and rode SM about four times in a row that night without going through the line again.

Also like to take advantage of the late night, stay-on-the-ride opportunities with Splash Mountain.

I did it on Goofy's Barnstormer during evening magic hours. I think we went seven times in a row (literally pausing for just a few seconds at the end before starting again) and then I had to ask the CM to get off as that little kiddie coaster can be pretty rough on big people!

I've also done this on Splash during evening magic hours. When the two boats in front and behind you are completely empty and there are only two people in your log, it can be slightly spooky! But the CMs are more than happy to let you ride again!

We did this once on Test Track. We rode 3 times in a row without getting out of the car. It was so much fun! I believe that was on a September trip about an hour before closing.

On our trip in September, we got to ride Test Track six times in a row without getting off.:thumbsup2 Obviously there wasn't a queue and the CM just yelled out, "want to go again?" It was just before closing the first weekend of F&W.

Jobsworth, someone who sticks to the rules in his job description.
I.E , if there is no one waiting to get on a ride , he makes you get of and join the nonexistent queue to ride again, rathere than just letting you stay on.

We stayed on The Kali River rapids ride at AK, think it was about 4 times.
Totally soaked through, DW was not imp[ressed:rotfl:

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: That is awesome--would have love to have done it with you.

I have never heard the expression "jobsworth" before, but I bet that the person that named Cogsworth in BatB has!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter