Staying offsite for first time, The Bluegreen Fountains anyone?

bbak30

DIS Veteran
Looks like we will be staying offsite for the first time in October. It will be for 2 nights before we check in on site.

My in-laws own Bluegreen so we are staying at The Fountains. Any experiences?

I'm mostly worried about logistics. Getting from the airport, to Disney for that one day and then getting to our onsite resort.

Any tips?

We stayed there 2 years ago. It's a nice resort. Gorgeous pool area. The rooms were ok. It's not too far from Disney. We went back everyday for lunch while we were there. We drive so I don't know how close it is to the airport but it's on a major road.

I don't know about the resort but I think the best bet from that location would be to rent a car at the airport if possible.

We stayed there about 4 years ago. Like the PP said, very nice pool area, nice rooms, and not too far from the Disney gates. Like you, we were only staying there because a friend owned there and gave us a good deal. We'd go back, except we discovered Bonnet Creek, so...yeah :)

We stayed there last year for a last-minute trip (couldn't get into bonnet creek). It was fine, nice pools, poolside bar/grill had good food. We had a problem with the wifi being awful, and their free wifi is very limited, so we were even doing the paid one. I have heard the main building has the best signal. That was really our only complaint.

It's a well-regarded resort; you will enjoy your stay. However, you absolutely should rent a car.

go over to the transportation board and ask about deals for rental cars.

I agree very nice resort have not heard any complaints about it. It is on International drive south - it is closer to Seaworld than Disney (WDW)

here the transportation board link
http://www.disboards.com/forums/transportation.16/

forgot it is a timeshares but never heard of it giving the hard sell -like westgate or even wyndham does

Nice resort, and can see the fireworks from SeaWorld from there. You do need a car though. It is close to all major theme parks and shopping but depending on time of year, traffic can be horrible getting to and from. During Christmas week it's terrible.

I have always taken a car seat along on the plane. You can check it in with the luggage and it never counted as a bag. They are cheaper to buy than rent from the rental car company.

just bumping up this one, we are going this year and staying at Bluegreen Fountains.. any words of wisdom or things within walking distance? food? shopping?

just bumping up this one, we are going this year and staying at Bluegreen Fountains.. any words of wisdom or things within walking distance? food? shopping?

It was a beautiful resort and we enjoyed our stay. There is a Dominos in the resort and a Japanese hibachi grill as well. I'm really not sure what else was in walking distance.
The rooms were gorgeous and very spacious. We enjoyed the pool as well.
We were only there for 2 days but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Bumping this thread up because I'm staying here in a week. Does anyone remember if we need to bring towels for the pools? Is the wifi still poor?

We stayed at the Fountains last February-March. My father-in-law is a Bluegreen owner.

My family of four stayed in a two bedroom unit one night until my father-in-law and his wife arrived, and then we stayed with them in a presidential suite. To be honest, the two bedroom unit would have been fine with us. We had plenty of room and since we spent most of our time at Disney, we only used the room to sleep and eat.

Unless you are on a first floor, plan on taking the elevators up to your room. You will need a luggage cart, so try to pack everything in as few big bags as possible.

Check in was the worst i've ever experienced - we checked in on a Sunday afternoon and it took 45 minutes.

Other than check in, everything was fine. Its fairly easy to get to WDW, and easy to get back at the end of the day. I would stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter