Staying offsite? Express Pass HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
I bought two for Saturday (the Studios) and two for Monday (IOA) over the phone at the 1-800-BE A STAR number. Worth every penny1 We managed to do every ride on a VERY crowded HOT day (except Twister my son reminded me) AND ate lunch from 10am to 3pm.

We picked up our tickets at Guest Services without a hitch. This is a great concept and let's hope it doesn't get TOO popular.

Hey Robin you've been to Universal so many times in the last few months I think they should hire you as a PR rep! Where did you stay?

It's becoming VERY popular, Robin. Some days the passes ended up selling out for the day.

Originally posted by crazyme5kids
Hey Robin you've been to Universal so many times in the last few months I think they should hire you as a PR rep! Where did you stay?

Teehee, Margie!

I guess it's time they hired me for SOMETHING!

We're staying at the Embassy Grand Beach Resort this time so we NEEDED those passes. July is not my favorite time of year to come here but with express it makes it tolerable!

January,
April,
May,
June
and now July...

That's not alot, is it???? :teeth:

Define alot!!!!!! How do you like Embassy Grand Beach?

If Universal doesn't hire you, I think you might have a new career in the hotel review field LOL!

Okay, I've stayed at the Vistana Resort, Portofino and Royal Pacific my last few stays so the Embassy had aLOT to compete with.... and they failed miserably!!

I checked out this morning and am now in the Wyndham on a Priceline deal. I like it here better! Now that should tell you something... :rolleyes:

We used the Express passes today for IOA. Hulk had a 60 min wait, Spiderman had a 70 minute wait. We were on both in less than 10 mins! Express pass in July... worth it's wait in gold!! :p

Did you use the Express Plus? I am going the second week of October and I wonder if it is worth the $20 a piece for the pass, as sold on the Universal web site? Does anyone have any experience with that time of year and the crowds? I hate to spend the money only to find out that the lines are fairly mild. Also, does everyone in my group each need a pass (DH & DS-age 6)?

Originally posted by PandaSue
I am going the second week of October and I wonder if it is worth the $20 a piece for the pass, as sold on the Universal web site? Does anyone have any experience with that time of year and the crowds? I hate to spend the money only to find out that the lines are fairly mild. Also, does everyone in my group each need a pass (DH & DS-age 6)?
At that time crowds should be fairly light. Also, the cost of a Universal Express Plus pass will only be $10, since it's a non-peak time.

where can I find the peak and non-peak times for the express pass ? Going 8/14 thru 8/17, I'm pretty sure that's peak time.

Peak - $20 per pass
June 29 through August 23
November 26-November 30
December 20 through January 4

Non-Peak - $10 per pass
August 24 through November 25
December 1 through December 19

I already have purchased our $10 non-peak tickets for the end of August. I was not charged tax or shipping. You can order them here: http://www.universalstudiosvacations.com/
Just click on: theme park tickets only.
You can also order them by calling: 800-711-0080. The Express Pass Plus tickets are date specific. You can only use them for the day for which you purchase them.

Hi,

Robinrs.

I have a question?

How come you didnt get the free express pass from kodak camera (well 8.00 for the camera but still you get a camera+express booklet) It came with every popular rides there +more and we had no trouble using it.

Did they not have the cameras for sale where you live? I wish you could have gotten it. It is really a great deal because the express pass doesnt expire. You can reuse the passes that you didnt use at a later date.

Just curious and wanted to see if I could save you all a few bucks here and there lol:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I already bought my park tickets.....can I purchase the express pass when we get there? Is it too late....the website says it must be bought in conjunction with a ticket?

Thanks.

Do you think there will be a problem the last week of August....as I understand it there is only a certain amount sold everyday?

I was planning on US on Monday the 25th and IOA on Saturday the 30th......obviously Saturday will probably be very crowded?

Thanks again.

Do you think there will be a problem the last week of August....as I understand it there is only a certain amount sold everyday?

You can order the express tickets now. I think they charge more at the gate. The tickets are only $10 as of August 24th. You can purchase the tickets without purchasing your park admission. But they will ask you if you have already bought your park admission. I have an AP and did not purchase park admission when I ordered my Express Plus passes.

Originally posted by gm
Hi,

Robinrs.

I have a question?

How come you didnt get the free express pass from kodak camera (well 8.00 for the camera but still you get a camera+express booklet) It came with every popular rides there +more and we had no trouble using it.

:bounce:

Believe me I would've LOVED to use the Kodak pass but it was very clear in the instructions that you needed to purchase a ticket to use it. I have an annual pass. With all the research I did before I left I never got the idea that it could be used with an AP.

Has anyone TRIED???? I know Barry had one and had to purchase the Express plus pass.

barbyo, I agree with the others, October is pretty slow. I wouldn't worry about buying the pass for that time of year.

I i think that is true that you cannot use it with the annual pass.

I purchased the 5 day pass for $89 for me and my 2 kids 5 day pass and that is what I showed them.

Anyways, all the express passes are really worth it :)

Originally posted by Robinrs
Believe me I would've LOVED to use the Kodak pass but it was very clear in the instructions that you needed to purchase a ticket to use it. I have an annual pass. With all the research I did before I left I never got the idea that it could be used with an AP.

Has anyone TRIED???? I know Barry had one and had to purchase the Express plus pass.

barbyo, I agree with the others, October is pretty slow. I wouldn't worry about buying the pass for that time of year.
[/B]
;) :bounce:

Lasy night I tried to buy tickets from universals site. I was going to purchase x4 AP tickets;the ones for 109, and x2 days worth of express plus passes. Is it possible anywhere to purchase express passes without so many restrictions? I called the number from the site and talked to ( I thought was an employee ) a guy who was not very helpful. He said I could talk to someone at guest relations about availability.

Hi Robin! And Barry! And Everyone! :wave:

Can you clarify something for me please? We bought tickets that are 2 day, 2 parks tickets about a month ago, then last week after reading about the passes here, I ordered the passes. They arrived 2nd day air. I wasn't charged for shipping or taxes, cool deal! Since we already have our passes, we'll still be able to use the Express Passes, correct? Like if someone all ready has an AP, they can still buy Express Passes, right? I'm confused. :teeth:

Originally posted by Saffron
Hi Robin! And Barry! And Everyone! :wave:

Can you clarify something for me please? We bought tickets that are 2 day, 2 parks tickets about a month ago, then last week after reading about the passes here, I ordered the passes. They arrived 2nd day air. I wasn't charged for shipping or taxes, cool deal! Since we already have our passes, we'll still be able to use the Express Passes, correct? Like if someone all ready has an AP, they can still buy Express Passes, right? I'm confused. :teeth:

You can still get the free Express pass or the purchased Express passes, as long as you have a valid Universal ticket (like a 1 day pass, 2 day pass, AP, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter