• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying Offsite - Can I use Disney Buses and Monorail?

lathamary

Mouseketeer
We are staying offsite for the first time as a family. Just trying something different this year.

We will have a rental car. Is there a fee to park at the TTC? Is it taboo for offsite guests to use the monorail and buses, or is that alright?

Is it better to park AT EPCOT, or to park at TTC and take the monorail?

Thanks!

Off site guests can use the Disney buses and monorail.

Parking is $14/day, regardless of which lot you park. You can move between the lots; just save your receipt.

If you're going to MK, then it's probably easiest to park at the TTC and then take the ferry or monorail to MK. If you park at Epcot, you'll have to take a monorail from Epcot to the TTC and then either the ferry or monorail to MK.

It is absolutely fine to use all the internal transportation! Disney wants you to be able to get around and spend money. You can even do a monorail tour of the resorts if you like.
The only thing you are not entitled to is Magical Express transport from the airport.
I recommend parking at TTC if you are going to both MK and Epcot that day.

If you have an annual pass, you get free parking. If you don't have annual passes, it might be worth it to upgrade one of your tickets, depending on the number of days.

Is it better to park AT EPCOT, or to park at TTC and take the monorail?

Just one other point that I'm not sure has been fully explained.

You should park where it most convenient for you to park. I only add this because some have posted that they think they have to park at the TTC and then take Disney transportation everywhere.

For your question it would only make sense if you were thinking of hopping back to the MK and the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter