Staying offsite - best place to change paper tickets on arrival day

icecreamforbreakfast

Mouseketeer
We are not planning to go to the parks on our arrival day, but were hoping to change our paper tickets to plastic ones that day so we didn't have to do that before park entry the next morning. We are arriving on a Sunday early in the day and don't want to pay for parking just to change the tickets. We are hoping to upgrade them too, but realize we need to use them once before we do that.

Would it actually be beneficial to change them the day before or should we just do it when we arrive for rope drop the next morning. Can you change them at the waterparks? I think there is free parking there??:confused3

We are not planning to go to the parks on our arrival day, but were hoping to change our paper tickets to plastic ones that day so we didn't have to do that before park entry the next morning. We are arriving on a Sunday early in the day and don't want to pay for parking just to change the tickets. We are hoping to upgrade them too, but realize we need to use them once before we do that.

Would it actually be beneficial to change them the day before or should we just do it when we arrive for rope drop the next morning. Can you change them at the waterparks? I think there is free parking there??:confused3

Why do the tickets have to be changed? Are you talking about the bracelets or just plastic tickets. I thought bracelets were optional.

Do you already have these tickets? Because Under cover tourist sent RFID tickets to us, nothing to changeover.

We had ten day never expire paper tickets from 2010. Guest services at downtown Disney handled it quickly on our arrival evening. And we did our shopping and traditional ghirardelli's treat at the same time.

1. Would it actually be beneficial to change them the day before or

2. should we just do it when we arrive for rope drop the next morning.

3. Can you change them at the waterparks?

4. I think there is free parking there??:confused3

1. No real need.

2. You will likely not encounter a long line at the ticket booths or Guest Relations (either can do the exchange) at the parks.

3. Yes.

4. Correct.

We head to DTD on our arrival night. We have to pick up our AP's so we go there, have dinner, pin trade and back to the resort.

Be aware that DTD is under construction and pretty much a mess right now. Park at the far end by Cirque du soleil and use the Gst Services near Disneyquest.
Personally I would go over to BW/BC/YC and take the boat or walk to the International Gateway.

Thanks everyone for the help! :goodvibes

Do you already have these tickets? Because Under cover tourist sent RFID tickets to us, nothing to changeover.

We do have the tickets already, we bought them from UT just before the RDIF plastic ones came out, we didn't know they were changing or we would have held off to prevent hassles.

We are planning Epcot first and it sounds like either waiting until that morning or going to DTD is the best bet. We are also planning to buy MM, but they won't ship the photo card to Canada, can we get this card at the same time?

Thanks again :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter