Staying in Disney but going to Universal too! How do we get there!

Karinmrh

Earning My Ears
In June, we have reservations at Pop Century in Disney for 7 nights. WE plan on going to Universal for 2 days. HOw do we get there from Disney?! we would prefer NOT renting a car!

We just ordered a cab, i think that i dialled the operator at the hotel (CBR) and she put me through to the cab firm. They were able to pick us up outside our "island" and took us to the HRH. We were charged $45 one way. Hope this is of some help. There are loads of cabs available for the return journey at the bottom of the automatic walkways (well signposted)

Option 1
Mears: $15.00 PP RT

The day before you wish to go to Universal call from your room phone or any Disney House phone dial "0". When the operator answers, ask to be transferred to Mears.

When Mears picks up, tell them you want to go to Universal the next day, how many in your party, what resort you are staying at, and approximately what time you wish to leave.

They will give you a pickup time, location, and a confirmation #. Be at the front of your resort 15 minutes before the time they state the next morning.

Pay the driver $15.00 PP CASH upon boarding. (If you know you want to use Mears, you can stop by the Mears desk at the airport and purchase the vouchers in advance with a credit card, but you still have to call for reservations the day before).

When you arrive at Universal, you can arrange with the driver for a pickup time right then or take the stub they give you with their phone # and call them 2 hours before you are ready to return to your resort.

Option 2:
Cab - Approximately $30 - 40 one way, up to 7 people (in a van taxi). Go to bell services of your resort when you wish to leave.

When you wish to leave Universal, go to the taxi stand in the Universal Parking area.

Option 3:
Many of the towncar services provide round trip transportation to Universal from Disney Resorts.

Must be arranged in advance. $50 - $65 RT, either towncar or van depending on number in your party.

Many people like Florida Tours or Tiffany Town Car.

Option 4:
About $3.00 per person, Lynx bus system.

Go to TTC and take Lynx bus, then transfer to Universal Lynx bus.

Go to Lynx website for exact bus #s and times. Takes about 3 hours each way.

A couple of vacations ago, our driver that picked us up from the Amtrak station from Coach USA said he could get us from Disney and to take us to Universal Studios, but we decided not to go. He never quoted a price to us though so I don't know how much it would have been, but they do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter