Staying Cool this summer

I have used battery operated fans but the btteries are a pain. They have these things called misty mates that work with pressure. They even make a pocket sized one.

we will be heading down in the end of august . we almost always go then as we are teachers and find the heat to be oppressive. the best thing for us is to take that break and go swimming. one of my big things, dont laugh-- is to avoid shorts. i always wear cotton capris. i cant stand my thighs touching in that heat. although a girlfriend of mine swears by this roll on stuff so your thighs dont rub in the heat. keep cool everyone and have fun. lets not be like this little guy after 15 hours in the florida heat:faint: :faint:

I have used battery operated fans but the btteries are a pain. They have these things called misty mates that work with pressure. They even make a pocket sized one.
This is what we used last year. We used the smallest one and my son used the bigger one in the stroller. They worked like a dream!! We just asked for a glass of ice water at any CS and filled from that.;)

1 travel lite into the parks if it doesn't fit in our pocket we don't take it. That will change tho when we take gson...

2lots an lots of water

3. KNOW before you leave home where the cool air conditioned attractions are an save those for the hottest part of the day ....when taking breaks we use those attractions just before our break an 1st things we do when we go back to the park so we can get more hours in.

4. I go to ladies room grab a paper towel about a foot long fold it into a pad that fits in my hand wet it an use it to wipe face an neck use the paper for several reasons the main one being I"m not without if it gets lost or if I accidently drop it I don't have to worry about the germs on it now. when that towel gets hot I can either re wet or toss an get me another one.

5. really really take the extra effort not to get blisters on feet in the summer heat it's really easy to do. deodorant on feet has been wonderful for me along with socks that have no seams an breathe an got the air cool stuff that drys out etc. IN fact I bought socks esp for disney that I only use for disney......

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but...

100% cotton really makes a difference, especially in a shirt. Avoid wearing synthetic fabrics.

The neck coolers and misty fans help us! :rotfl2: We also freeze water bottles to take in the parks!:rotfl:

Rash guard shirts for our two sons are great. They are well protected while they are swimming and I don 't have to chase them trying to get their backs and chests well covered with sun screen over and over again.

The visors come from noheadachevisors.com
Also, if you type it in on Google there are a number of places that sell them. Wal mart has the same clip on kind but they do not fit the same. These really are different.

You can find it in the purfume section of a Walgreens, Wal-Mart and Target. Sometimes its behind the counter and you have to ask for it. Mix it with water and wet the washcloths - you can even put it in the little fans instead of just water. Works really good. We use it for my son's baseball team and brought it to Disney last summer.

a visor (baseball caps are too hot!), sunglasses, white CoolMax tank top, light-colored thin-material skirt, Teva sandals, hair in pony tail, light-colored small shoulder bag

have used a Coolibar UV umbrella at county fairs and festivals (where there are no trees/shade around) - as well as in Las Vegas, walking along the strip - wish i'd had one to bring to disney when we've been during the hot summer!

here's where i got it from:

http://search.coolibar.com/?Search=umbrella&x=33&y=6

(www.coolibar.com)

Re: Florida Water question. I don't know if this is the same thing or not but you can purchase oil of wintergreen at most drugstores. It is usually behind the counter. You add a few drops to your water you are putting on your wash cloth or bandana or what ever you are using to keep you cool. This is NOT to drink. Again, NOT to drink. The menthol in it makes you cooler when the air hits it. A lot of golfers use it as do summer sports teams like baseball and softball leagues. Just be sure you do not get this confused with the water you are drinking. I don't remember why. I don't know if it is poisonous or just would make you sick. I just know it makes you cooler and don't drink it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter