staying at WL...have a question please

mickey12810

Mouseketeer
If you are staying at a disney hotel do you have to have adr's for the restaurants in the hotel that you are staying at? I thought I was told that if you are staying there you can just walk up and get a table. Is this true?

I think it's always wise to have an ADR if it is somewhere that you would like to eat at. We did not make an ADR for Whispering Canyon when we stayed there and had to wait a bit to sit down - but this was at a slow time of year.

So, I'm fairly certain that you do not get any advantage at the restaurant because you are staying at the resort, unfortunately.

If you are staying at a disney hotel do you have to have adr's for the restaurants in the hotel that you are staying at? I thought I was told that if you are staying there you can just walk up and get a table. Is this true?

You should; especially during any time that offers free dining.

I stay at POR and a lot of people book the restauarnt, because they come over and take the water taxi down to DTD or take the carriage ride.

And the WL has two very popular resort restaurants, so I would definately make ressies there. WCC and Artist's Point are extremely popular among all resort guests.

You won't be seated any sooner/earlier at a restaurant just because you are a guest at that particular resort. You still need to make a dining reservation to ensure that you won't have a long wait to be seated.

We've dined at Whispering Canyon and Artist Point at WL. I thought they were both very good, and enjoyed them.

1) OK, here's the story for WCC
. . . only 80% of the tables are reserved under ADR
. . . this allows up to 20% for hotel walk-ups
2) For Artist Point
. . . all tables are available to ADR
. . . there is no hold-back for walk-ups
. . . but, the Lobby Concirge can usually get you in

I would never count on getting in without an ADR, nor would I count on the concierge getting you in. We tried that when staying at the Poly for Ohana and simply could not get in. I would make the ADR and then cancel if you choose not to go. At least that way you are covered.

1) OK, here's the story for WCC
. . . only 80% of the tables are reserved under ADR
. . . this allows up to 20% for hotel walk-ups
2) For Artist Point
. . . all tables are available to ADR
. . . there is no hold-back for walk-ups
. . . but, the Lobby Concirge can usually get you in

Thank you. Staying at WL and have an ADR, but if we want to eat there at some other point this is good to know.

We were told that guests staying Club Level have an easier time getting an ADR for a restaurant only located where they are staying, because when the Club Level Cast Members log onto the computer system from the lounges for ADR's it see's where they log on from. So if the guest tried calling the WDW-Dining number and are told the location is not available then chances are the Club Level Cast Members might be able to do more. However even if they do get them an ADR it doesn't mean they get to be seated right away, because if the restaurant is behind in their seating times then there is nothing else they can do but wait.

Hi,

I am staying at the WL for 2 nights ( 8th and 9th october)

I decided to make ADRs for dinner at Artist's Point on the first night and breakfast at 730am at Whispering Canyon ( to stock up on breakfast and get out reasonably quickly without taking a chance of a longer wait). As I will be having lunch at Yak & Yeti in AK I might just go for a light dinner on the 2nd evening at a Counter service place somewhere.

Regards

TBS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter