• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at WL - Early entry days

Valera

Mouseketeer
I have heard that on EE days it becomes unbearably crowded in those parks.

Is it best to go to those parks for the hour or so, or should we avoid it for the other parks?

I am an anti-EE person -- I head to any other park that is not doing EE and it seems to work for me. I don't think the extra hour is all that helpful; I much preferred the Extra Magic Hours WDW did in May. THREE extra hours in the park for resort guests only was great. Sometimes crowded, but much better than an hour in the A.M. (when I could be sleeping!).

The only early entry we tend to do is at the Magic Kingdom and we leave late morning and go to another park. We have a 3 year old and can usually get all of fantasy land done as well as splash mountain and Big Thunder Mountain as soon as they open before it gets too crowded. Otherwise, we tend to plan our day at a park that just had an early entry the day before. With a 3 year old there isn't too much open at MGM and Epcot for his age group for early entry, and we have found that the early entry parks get very crowded early on.

We are also staying at WL (leaving July 8th) :D and had the exact same question. I posted a poll in the park attractions section to get other peoples opinions. So far most disney experts think that going in the morning for several hours and then switching to another park seems to be the best answer.

Originally posted by Eeyore1954
I don't think the extra hour is all that helpful; I much preferred the Extra Magic Hours WDW did in May. THREE extra hours in the park for resort guests only was great. Sometimes crowded, but much better than an hour in the A.M. (when I could be sleeping!).

Wha? Huh? I haven't heard anything about 3 extra hours. Was this some kind of pilot program? Could they possibly be doing it again, like when I'm there in two weeks? ;)

Or was this something they were trying out off-season when the hours aren't as long?

Originally posted by swilphil
Wha? Huh? I haven't heard anything about 3 extra hours. Was this some kind of pilot program?

Yes.... and hoping the program is extended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter