Staying at WH - do you bring food or buy it when you get there?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
I'm debating whether we bring our food with us or wait and buy what we need when we get there. We won't arrive until dinner time the first day. On the one hand, it would be nice to have extra space in the car. On the other hand, it would be nice not to have to go out shopping when we get there.

Suggestions?

Depending on where we stay and what kind of trip it is, we take a lot or a little. We stay in a house at Disney every Christmas and take most of what we'll need, especially detergent, salt and pepper, paper goods. Last year we got into the house, unpacked then heated a nice lasagne we picked up from a local Italian market.

For beach vacations, where we cook in a lot more, I pack a lot, but also do a quick stop on the way in for dairy, produce, etc.

I do some of both, but the leftovers in the frig always go in the cooler for the first night's dinner. If it looks like there won't be any leftovers at trip time, we might even create a few. And we're always sure to bring enough milk for the first morning.

I am in the camp that thinks there is nothing worse than a long drive followed by a trip to the grocery store. It can wait until the second or third day for me.

Sheila

We brought all our non-perishables and then ran by the new Target Superstore for everything else. We also ordered in the first night (Flippers Pizza) - it was very easy to order online and they delivered quickly. Le China allows online ordering as well. I guess I don't like to speak to humans when ordering food ;)

We bring non-perishables that can't be bought in FL. It appears a lot of foods are regional. Everything else we bought at the Super Target. The house came with all the laundry and dish soap as well as some paper products, but I brought more tp from home and paper plates so we didn't need to use dishes all the time.

Is the Super Target easy to get to? I'm leaning towards bringing my paper products and going to Super Target for groceries. That way I can buy fruit and stuff. The kids don't get a lot of fruit when we're in Disney so that would be good to have it in the morning and night.

Thanks everyone for helping me think this through!

We have a long drive (from Texas) so we go shopping when we get there. The Super Target is very easy to get to and has everything we need, plus lots of cool Disney souvenirs we don't need ;)

Yes, the Super Target is very convenient. It is just a mile or two down 192 to the west (left) from Old Lake Wilson Rd where WH is located. The prices there were the same as my Target here in TN.

There are also Winn-Dixie and Publix nearby.

ETA: and as the PP stated, great souvenirs! We bought some for our daughter there at 75% off from on property!

Windsor Hills has a convenience store onsite, open til 10:00 pm high seasonand 8:00 pm low season. The nearest supermarlket is the Winn Dixie / Marketpalce at the nearby Formosa Garden Shopping Villagr - there is also a Publix and a Super Target 5 mins away on Hwy 192 / Daniel Webster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter