• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Universal - Getting to Discovery Cove?

janiebegood

Mouseketeer
Hi! So I am still working on a plan for either Thanksgiving 2013 or New Year's 2013/14...

I feel like I read somewhere that there are free shuttles to Sea World from Universal -- but do they also run to Discovery Cove? And if so, do they run early enough to take advantage of a full day at Discovery Cove?

For a long time I planned to move parks -- spend a couple days at the Poly then move to RPR, but it seems like so much WORK that I haven't been able to motivate myself to go make the plans. But the idea of staying at Universal the whole time, but doing the dolphin swim experience at Discovery Cove... now that seems to be something I'm excited about!

Would we be better off just renting a car for the whole time so we can be on our own timetable? :drive:

I appreciate any opinions!

They don't run to Discovery Cove but there is a shuttle from SeaWorld to Discovery Cove. It really isn't very far.

I would personally just take a cab. Remember that parking is $18/night at the hotels, so you'd probably be better off just to cab it.

They don't run to Discovery Cove but there is a shuttle from SeaWorld to Discovery Cove. It really isn't very far.

I would personally just take a cab. Remember that parking is $18/night at the hotels, so you'd probably be better off just to cab it.

Ahhh, yes. Parking. Hmmmm. Good point! Thanks, damo!

Yep, cab is the way to go IMO. Particularly if you can do a grocery run when you first get there and get all the stuff (or most) you'll need to save from having to go out to get item 1 or 2 or 3. Plus unless you are independently wealthy, you get screwed on rental cars IMO, it always adds up to at least 100 a day. That's more than you will most likely ever spend on a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter