• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at two different resorts in the same trip?

runnergirl97

Earning My Ears
We can't exactly afford a week long stay in the polynesian or contemporary, but we could possibly swing one night there if we spent the rest of the nights in a value. Has anyone tried this? Did it work or was it too much of a hassle?

We are considering doing the same next year, main stay at POR or AOA and then a day or two at a deluxe to relax and enjoy the upgrade.
Polynesian was our thinking as well so let me know how it works out.

We can't exactly afford a week long stay in the polynesian or contemporary, but we could possibly swing one night there if we spent the rest of the nights in a value. Has anyone tried this? Did it work or was it too much of a hassle?

I wouldn't stay just one night. Your room might not be ready until after 3PM and you have to be out by 11AM. So no real time to enjoy the resort. But two nights, if you could swing, it might be better. Get your value nights first and then move to the deluxe resort.

We have done a split stay, not a hassle at all. You check out of Resort 1, leave your luggage with Bell Services, they will move it all for you. We head right over to the 2nd Resort, check in and enjoy a relaxing day at the "new" Pool til our room is ready.
Agree, at least two nights would make it more worth while and stay at the Value Resort first
Hopefully there would be a Room Discount for your dates

I agree that it would be best if you could stay two nights. The biggest tip though...pack separate bags for each resort. If you drive, you don't even have to get all of the bags out of the car.

I agree on the two night idea. In order to do that and make it cost effective for you why not stay 2 nights at a moderate resort such as CSR, CBR, POR then stay two nights at a value. I believe the pricing would be close to the price you would pay if you did one night at a deluxe resort followed by a stay at the value.

We have done many many split stays and love it. Disney can move your luggage for you or you can move it yourself.

If you really want to try a deluxe, I suggest renting dvc points. Plenty of info about it on this board. In my experience, you can rent a week at animal kingdom for the same money as a full week at pop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter