Staying at the Fort 10/30-11/1!

shinysparklybubbles

DIS Veteran
I'm sooooooo excited! We are going to stay in a cabin from 10/30-11/1 so that we can enjoy all of the Halloween fun! I'm seriously busting with joy over here! Will we get many Trick or treaters at the cabin? My son can't wait to trick or treat (even thought he has food allergies and won't be able to eat the candy!)

Any tips to get the most out of Halloween at the Fort? Hoping to run into some Dis boarders there!

How long are the walks from cabins normally? My 65 year old parents will be with us and I'm wondering if the walk will be too much?

I'm sooooooo excited! We are going to stay in a cabin from 10/30-11/1 so that we can enjoy all of the Halloween fun! I'm seriously busting with joy over here! Will we get many Trick or treaters at the cabin? My son can't wait to trick or treat (even thought he has food allergies and won't be able to eat the candy!)

I am glad you mentioned this. I have been intending to post asking if anyone's child had allergies. Is there any candy your child can have? I would like to fix "safe" treat bags for the children with allergies.

AuntBJ said:
I am glad you mentioned this. I have been intending to post asking if anyone's child had allergies. Is there any candy your child can have? I would like to fix "safe" treat bags for the children with allergies.

That's so nice of you to consider kids with food allergies! 1 in 13 kids have them (which I really think this statistic is wrong because in my son's preschool 2 out of 8 kids in his class have FA and in his playgroup 3 out of 13 do!). Dum dums, smarties, twizzlers, Swedish fish, mike and Ike's, tootsie rolls, tootsie pops, starburst, peeps are all safe for peanut/tree nut allergic kids. Stickers, pencils, etc are always good too!

How long are the walks from cabins normally? My 65 year old parents will be with us and I'm wondering if the walk will be too much?

The cabin loops can be quite a distance from the camping sites. Unless you plan to rent a golf cart (which would be great for your parents), I would suggest catching an internal bus, maybe to the stop across from the Meadows Trading Post.

As far as the cabins & trick-or-treating, I didn't get a chance to leave my site during that time last year but I don't believe cabins have as many as the camp sites.

Make sure you check out Russell's FW train display. Your son will probably love it. I believe he said he will post his site number on the board when he checks in.

The cabin loops can be quite a distance from the camping sites. Unless you plan to rent a golf cart (which would be great for your parents), I would suggest catching an internal bus, maybe to the stop across from the Meadows Trading Post.

As far as the cabins & trick-or-treating, I didn't get a chance to leave my site during that time last year but I don't believe cabins have as many as the camp sites.

Make sure you check out Dave's FW train display. Your son will probably love it. I believe he said he will post his site number on the board when he checks in.

Thanks! My son LOVES trains, so that is a must see on our list. I'll pay close attention to this board to make sure we don't miss anything. I want to make sure we do Halloween right at the Fort!

Hey AuntBJ, thanks for the plug, but Dave's got the Castle show, in December. But Russell will be there with trains for Halloween. Probably won't get to post the site number until the evening of the 30th. Hope to see all! :hmghost:

FWRR3 said:
Hey AuntBJ, thanks for the plug, but Dave's got the Castle show, in December. But Russell will be there with trains for Halloween. Probably won't get to post the site number until the evening of the 30th. Hope to see all! :hmghost:

Will look for the post with the site number for sure! So excited for the Fort and Halloween!

Oops. Sorry about that and I will fix it. I know at my age I should search instead of trusting my memory.

You will be hooked on the Fort and the cabins. We came for the first time in Jan of 2003 and have returned every year since then.
I would call reservations and have a near to transportation request put on your reservation, then when you check in ask to see on their maps where your cabin is. If this is a long way from the bus stops ask if they can get you closer this way your parents should be fine. We are senior citizens and have never had a problem with getting around the Fort with their internal bus system.
Have a really great time.

pooh4me is exactly right.. You'll be hooked!! Halloween at the Fort is a blast!! We arrive in one week!!!

We'll also be arriving at the fort on the 30th (but in the campground). We normally try to do allergy safe goodies where possible... I'm sure we're not the only ones.

On question for the group's collective wisdom... Staying in the campground... trying to figure out how much candy to bring....

Anybody ever keep a rough count of how many they got?

I have read it all depends on what loop you are on. We have a pack of 70 and will give out whatever my son gets that isn't safe for him. Not sure if its enough or not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter