Staying at the DLH! Help me make the most of it!

hanna-nana

Mouseketeer
We had originally planned a few nights across the street, then 3 at the DLH. But....everyone is now on board for the whole week at the DLH! I'm beyond excited. This may be a one time thing for us, and since it's pricey, I need to make sure we do all we can to make it worth it. The kids faces will make it worth it, I know, but I want to know all the cool stuff we need to make sure to do.

We are staying in a two bedroom suite, have three day hoppers (might add on a fourth), taking one day for a pool day, having breakfast at Goofy's. We will try to make as many early mornings as we can.

What else do we need to make sure to do? We've been in the parks enough to know what we want to do in the parks, the DLH is a new one for us.

Thanks!

Explore the lobbies of the different towers. Go to Trader Sam's and/or get pool side service from there.

Pool most def, walk the hotel and convention center area, nice artwork and pictures even in the Sleeping Beauty annex, Lounge at Steakhouse 55 is nice stopoff. Coffeeshop next to Goofys is worth a visit. Cool Halloween cups for the kids. Disney store right there.

Don be afraid to walk around to the other Towers too.

Trader Sams is another must-Do

When you check in, you will get a list of "happenings", things like "Wash Cloth Folding" where kids can learn to fold them into animals and things. (This is usually 830am and takes 10 mins, but it is fun.) They also have outdoor movies, scavenger hunts, pool games, and various other things. Ask for it at the front desk and sign up if you want to do something as if there is no one signed up, they don't run that item..

I would get the extra hopper day. We like to go to the parks early when nice and quiet then head back around lunch for afternoons at the pool.

WHen are you going? We are there starting next weekend through the following weekend. We are planning all manner of stuff there. Cabana, napkin folding, hotel tour, I'm doing mahaloween, some Sam's nights, and a lot of poolness.

I saw that sample list of activities on the super thread. Don't think my kids will have any interest in what's on there, but I'll make sure to get a current one when we go. The scavenger hunt they'd probably be up for.

We will be there next March.

Noted the other suggestions in my vacation stuff. Thanks! :)

Take a good walk around the gardens. They are beautiful.

Take some slow time and sit in some of the outdoor seating areas, take in the sounds, sights, and relax. There is music piped around the hotel grounds, and great food/drinks available from the Tangaroa Terrace / Trader Sams.

I saw that sample list of activities on the super thread. Don't think my kids will have any interest in what's on there, but I'll make sure to get a current one when we go. The scavenger hunt they'd probably be up for.

We will be there next March.

Noted the other suggestions in my vacation stuff. Thanks! :)
I'll do an extensive TR on it. We'll see how many hotel-activities I hit.

Make use of the Monorail for those times when you are way back in Tomorrowland or vicinity and don't have the energy to walk back thru DTD! We did this numerous times. It's not generally recommended, however, to take it first thing in the morning if you're trying to make rope drop. Have a great time!

I also recommend visiting the main hotel lobby (Fantasy Tower) every so often. We have had the best character interaction there - dancing with Baloo and watching cartoons with Goofy!

Splurge on a half day cabana rental! My family loved it! We also loved the early morning Build-a-bear time before the store opened. The fireplace behind the toranga terrace at night if fun to sit by.

Have a great stay!

I'll do an extensive TR on it. We'll see how many hotel-activities I hit.

That would be wonderful! Thanks!

I also recommend visiting the main hotel lobby (Fantasy Tower) every so often. We have had the best character interaction there - dancing with Baloo and watching cartoons with Goofy!

As in, random characters just come through? Do they have a schedule of them?

As in, random characters just come through? Do they have a schedule of them?
They are just random. I've had Goofy and Dale open my car door when I arrived. I've had Pluto help us get in line to check in. They are usually in the Fantasy tower or just outside by the pool gates.

1380767_10202273169014197_2028373917_n.jpg

1374934_10202273168734190_223709347_n.jpg

1379312_10202273168534185_2107971495_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter