Staying at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness

WoodynBuzz

Earning My Ears
Howdy all!!! My family will be staying in a cabin at Ft Wilderness. What is your overall experiences been there and where within that resort area do you recommend staying. Would like to be close to the boat dock or bus transportation. TIA

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We will be arriving at the cabins on Sunday. I have not stayed at them before but have camped there as a kid. The cabins are not close to the boat dock at all. So you will need to take an internal bus to get there. If you do online check in you can put near transportation as one of your requests.

We stayed at the cabins twice, and enjoyed them. All the cabins are located in loops 2100-2800 which are closer to the outpost depot. They are not located near the boat dock. We didn't find it more convenient to be in one loop over the other. there are internal buses on the resort that will take you to different areas of the resort like the boat dock or main pool. If you would rather you can rent a golf cart to get around, or walk. We found the resort a nice quiet get away from the hussle and bussle of the parks. The only downsides we found were there wasn't a food court, and ony one bathroom for our family of six. If you get a chance HDDR is located at the resort and it is a lot of fun! Also the boat to MK was a nice ride. Have fun:wave2:

WoodynBuzz said:
What is hddr?

Hoop Dee Do Revue. (It's a dinner show at Fort Wilderness)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Ohhh ok...my dw has told me that. Looking forward to all that resort has to offer.

We stayed in loop 2600 on our first trip and it was about the third cabin from the beginning of the loop. It was near a pool, the bus stop and the laundry facilities. Really liked the location. Last fall we stayed in 2800 and we were much further back into the loop. It took 5-7 minutes to walk from the bus stop to the cabins which was tiring at the end of a long day. At least we had a car so I could drive to the laundry facility. Would have been a hassle to lug laundry on a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter