Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

So in what order does the bus stops get picked up? Is it the same to get dropped off?

It can vary. Sometimes they start with the North Depot, sometimes they start with the South. Usually the South Depot is the first one dropped off.

Hi all! We will be staying at POR Sept 27-Oct 3. There are 5 of us. Myself, my DH, DS (15), DS (13) and DS (10)... I would like to know should I request a certain room?? I'd like reviews of the dining available there... And I'd also like to see updated pics of the resort if anyone has any!!! We are getting very excited! Thank you! :yay:

Hi all! We will be staying at POR Sept 27-Oct 3. There are 5 of us. Myself, my DH, DS (15), DS (13) and DS (10)... I would like to know should I request a certain room?? I'd like reviews of the dining available there... And I'd also like to see updated pics of the resort if anyone has any!!! We are getting very excited! Thank you! :yay:

Please see the main Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245277 for lots of chat on all these subjects.

Andre

Just changed my August trip from Pop to POR - Royal Guest Room! Never stayed at POR so I am sooooo excited! Loving looking at all y'all's pics!

Courtneyprincess:

We'll HAVE to get up early on most of the mornings that we're there. DD has a BBB at 8:15 the first morning, then breakfast at Akershus, which is not as early but we'll still need to be up and moving to catch the necessary transportation in order to make our reservation. Then on the 3rd day we hope to get to HS early enough to get DS on the Jedi Academy list. Sleeping in is a luxury we will NOT be enjoying this trip! :thumbsup2

Boatwright's WILL NO LONGER serve breakfast as of 2/21...

No wonder I couldn't find banana-stuffed French toast on the menu! Oh well. My kids usually just eat pop tarts for breakfast anyway. Although we will do breakfast with the princesses at Akershus. All the pics are getting me excited too! We'll be there Jan 1-6!

We are a family of 5, so we will be put in AB. My question is, is there a dresser with drawers? I like to unpack and not live out of suitcases on our vacation, and with the refurbishment the murphy bed takes the place of the dresser that the TV sat on. I've tried looking in pictures, but I can't tell if there are dresser drawers anywhere else in the room. :confused3

We are a family of 5, so we will be put in AB. My question is, is there a dresser with drawers? I like to unpack and not live out of suitcases on our vacation, and with the refurbishment the murphy bed takes the place of the dresser that the TV sat on. I've tried looking in pictures, but I can't tell if there are dresser drawers anywhere else in the room. :confused3

There are 3 drawers. They are right below the murphy bed and the tv.

to stay organized with 5 in these rooms is very important. In addition to those drawers, I recommend a few hanging shoe holders with vertical shelves to hang in the bathroom area. Something like this http://www.target.com/p/3-shelf-sweater-organizer-natural-blended-canvas/-/A-13051008#prodSlot=medium_1_23&term=hanging+clothing+organizer:

I also always bring a pop up hamper for dirty clothing. You could do the fabric cubes as well if you need more storage, these can be stacked on top of the hanging area in the bathroom.

Does anyone have a recent picture of the Magnolia Bend beds with the triple sheet/runner? I have looked on portorleans.org and can't find anything. Just curious! Booked the Free Dining bounce back offer while I was at the World last weekend and we booked POR. We stayed at POFQ on our last family trip and I would like to stay in a Mansion room next year (family of 4).

Hoping to contribute to this amazing thread again as my wife and I are headed for 4 days and three nights in December this Winter for Christmas at WDW.

I love this thread! We will be at AB from 11-20 - 28 and it will be my 3 yr olds 1st time at WDW. We are a family of 5.

Will post when I get back.

Dancegrl624 said:
Does anyone have a recent picture of the Magnolia Bend beds with the triple sheet/runner? I have looked on portorleans.org and can't find anything. Just curious! Booked the Free Dining bounce back offer while I was at the World last weekend and we booked POR. We stayed at POFQ on our last family trip and I would like to stay in a Mansion room next year (family of 4).

Check out tripadvisor.com

I posted this one in the main POR 2014 Q&A thread. Took this one during our trip last week. We were there for 8 days but it went by way too fast. Managed to take lots of photos though! POR is such a beautiful place, it's almost impossible to take a bad picture there! :goodvibes

B1pA9h_CMAALcrG.jpg:large

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter