Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Yes, I can see pictures posted to this site just fine. But when I try to get into your web page www.portorleans.org by either typing the address or connecting through a link I get the same message. It reads "Internet Explorer cannot open the website www.portorleans.org. Operation aborted." It forces me to close out. I have no clue why.

Now that is weird! So what happens if you try to load one of the same pictures directly into your browser, using a direct link to the same file, such as: http://www.portorleans.org/images/gallery/POR-Island-2007-4320_forum.jpg. That should just open a new window with only the photo in it.

Otherwise, could you try a different browser (either a new version of IE or Firefox/etc)? It's unlikely to be cookies or browser/ad blocking as you said it happens on three different PCs (are they all using the same network connection by the way?)

Andre

Now that is weird! So what happens if you try to load one of the same pictures directly into your browser, using a direct link to the same file, such as: http://www.portorleans.org/images/gallery/POR-Island-2007-4320_forum.jpg. That should just open a new window with only the photo in it.

Otherwise, could you try a different browser (either a new version of IE or Firefox/etc)? It's unlikely to be cookies or browser/ad blocking as you said it happens on three different PCs (are they all using the same network connection by the way?)

Andre

Yes, I can see the picture through the direct link and yes we are all on the same network connection.

Yes, I can see the picture through the direct link and yes we are all on the same network connection.

So your PC is accessing the IP address OK, just not displaying the web pages - maybe you've got some ad-blocker/etc that's got muddled? Could you try Firefox for me, and/or try from a different internet connection? (e.g. a neighbour's house or a smartphone using the cell network).

[Edit: to try to track this down, I've created a few basic test pages which might help find out where this is getting blocked for you. Try www.portorleans.org/test.php and the follow-on pages.]

Andre

So your PC is accessing the IP address OK, just not displaying the web pages - maybe you've got some ad-blocker/etc that's got muddled? Could you try Firefox for me, and/or try from a different internet connection? (e.g. a neighbour's house or a smartphone using the cell network).

[Edit: to try to track this down, I've created a few basic test pages which might help find out where this is getting blocked for you. Try www.portorleans.org/test.php and the follow-on pages.]

Andre

Thank you so much. Switched to Firefox and now it is working.:goodvibes

I just came home and there was a Port Orleans picture on the desktop. I asked dd what site she got it from and found out it's from our August trip and she took it with her little point and shoot. It's not professional looking but a beautiful picture for a 13 yr old to take. I was so suprised! Now to figure out how to get it in this thread:confused3

Hopefully this works.. this is from August 2010, just before a big rain storm.

photo2.jpg

We will be there April 30 :cool1: Has anyone done their wash there? We are taking the disney cruise after we stay here and I would like to do out wash before we leave :laundy:

We will be there April 30 :cool1: Has anyone done their wash there? We are taking the disney cruise after we stay here and I would like to do out wash before we leave :laundy:

Yes, and it was pretty easy. The laundry was near the quiet pool and so pretty close to our room. My only complaint would be that they are typical laundry mat machines... quick wash, long dry time. :goodvibes

I have about a million pictures from this resort. Every turn, every angle, every corner is picture-perfect!!! Here are just a few....man, I LOVE this place!
SI850539.jpg

SI850561.jpg

SI850551.jpg

SI850546.jpg

SI850541.jpg

SI850487.jpg

Thanks for the pictures everyone! :goodvibes We will be staying here for the first time in just 65 (ish) days and I'm getting super excited. LOL We've only done Pop on every trip so I'm looking forward to the "calmer" atmosphere. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter