Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

To all you DIs'ers staying at POR, LUCKY YOU! It is my all time favorite resort and I hope you all LOVE it the way I do, YES, I admit it I am POR addicted! :rolleyes1

:cheer2::cheer2::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

Which building do you recommend staying in out of the Alligator Bayou buildings? I'd like something close to one of the first bus pick up stops so we make sure the bus isn't full. Thanks!

See the first posting in the FAQ thread too, but the general consensus is that building 14 is the best located lodge in terms of easy access to the buses, food court and facilities.

Andre

I can't wait to go back here. I posted pictures waaaaay back from our February 2009 trip. We were going to stay at POP this time back with our kids, but decided to go back to our favorite mod....POR. I'm excited to show the kids the resort and to hopefully get to check out 'Ol Man Island this time around.:goodvibes We leave in 97 days!

Anyone have any pictures, or can point me in the right direction, of the Christmas decorations at Riverside and FQ? What are these two resorts like at Christmas?

At POR, they have a tree just inside the rotunda.

They use white and red poinsettas to line the walkway up to the front of the building around Guest Services.

They hang garland on the front entrance.

The store is full of Christmas stuff!:santa:

Thanks for all of the photos and great reviews. We're staying at POR for the first time in September. This gets me excited!:yay:

I'll be there on Sunday and promise to post lot's when I get back!! (unless there's a way to upload them from my iphone while I'm there?) I've loved looking through this thread in anticipation of our trip!
Any thing in particular someone would like a photo of?

I'll be there on Sunday and promise to post lot's when I get back!! (unless there's a way to upload them from my iphone while I'm there?) I've loved looking through this thread in anticipation of our trip!
Any thing in particular someone would like a photo of?

I would like photos of the current menu items from the food court and drink fountain as well as the to go food section. It has been a long time since I stayed at POR and with my up coming trip and like to see how things are layout and what is being offered so I can plan ahead. Send me a message if you get to post any of these please. Thanks In Advance.

Yes, snaps of the food court menu boards and prices (for breakfast and dinner if you happen to be there for both) would be great.

Have a GREAT time at my favourite place! And say hi to Bob.

Andre

Yes, snaps of the food court menu boards and prices (for breakfast and dinner if you happen to be there for both) would be great.

Have a GREAT time at my favourite place! And say hi to Bob.

Andre

Well being 5 months pregnant and on the QSDP, I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to take a few pics of anything in the food court!! :rolleyes1
I'll snap a few pictures of each of the menus, and try to get them at both breakfast and dinner (and probably endure some funny looks while doing so!)
And I will certainly say hello to Bob!

I would like photos of the current menu items from the food court and drink fountain as well as the to go food section. It has been a long time since I stayed at POR and with my up coming trip and like to see how things are layout and what is being offered so I can plan ahead. Send me a message if you get to post any of these please. Thanks In Advance.

Will do!

I just wanted to say that after reading this thread I am really excited about our first stay at POR. It looks like a wonderful place to stay! Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos.

I'm so excited to see all these photos!! We will be staying at POR for the first time in November!! It actually will be our very first trip to Disney World, so we're just eating up all these pictures to get an idea of what it will be like. Thank you so much!!

Here are some pics of our room 8545 in Magnolia Terrace as well as some more pics from around the resort, we were there 5/2-5/9.

Distrip003.jpg

Distrip004.jpg

Distrip038.jpg

Distrip039.jpg

Distrip040.jpg

Distrip041.jpg

Distrip072.jpg

Distrip076.jpg

Distrip074.jpg

We just got back from out stay at PORFQ and I walked around both French Quarter and Riverside and took lots of random pictures. I just posted them on Photobucket under the name astraltravel. Not sure how you access but go there and see if you can see all the pictures I took. Both PORs are gorgeous resorts. Like living in a garden. Let me know.
astraltravel:)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!! We are planning to visit the mouse and the world next April. Being a family a 5 we will be "forced" to stay at PORS for the Mod resorts... I am totally good with that... Now!! The resort looks great and very fun and festive. I cant wait. If only the August rates would leak out, I'd be happy! :) :surfweb: But what the hay - thats why we all are here on the boards... to live vicariously through others and plan til our heart's content! Ok, maybe that's just me!? :confused::woohoo:

Well, we had an unexpected change in plans, since I am now not working until I can find another job....so, we are changing our reservations from beach club to por. I can't wait. When I told the girls, they asked if we can have the same room, so I guess I am going to request 3905, as long as we have a pool outside our door, I'll be happy! We'll be there from july 18-25...maybe we'll see some of you there!!

Wow! I can't wait to be at POR in August it looks like an amazing resort!!:thumbsup2

Well, I did it! I booked the PORS for a week in late Spetmeber. We dont normally vacation that early in the year, but the Free Dining promo was too hard to pass up! I am hoping they will extend the free dining into late October like last year, so I can change my ressies but we will see. Late october would be better by far, but the HUGE savings is soo worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter