• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Grin, how many threads have we seen with messages in like that one?

I'd just make sure that you take the WDW booking line phone number with you, ready for when he asks for it half-way through your stay to book again for next year. :)

Andre

Ha! That is exactly what I'm hoping for ;) Keep your fingers crossed!

Grin, how many threads have we seen with messages in like that one?

I'd just make sure that you take the WDW booking line phone number with you, ready for when he asks for it half-way through your stay to book again for next year. :)

Andre

My darling Husband LOL was unsure about POR but now it is his favorite resort. He had me book it for next year before we checked out. LOL

We haven't booked just yet, but this is where we will be staying 10/30-11/04. My first trip there! I'm so excited!!

Thank you, everyone, for posting such beautiful pictures! I've got just over 7 months to go, but I can't wait to add our pics when we get back.

DJ Disney Kid - Thanks for your comparison of POR to CSR. I had originally wanted to stay there, but after doing some research on different message boards it looks like POR is the way to go. Your post just confirmed our decision once again!

:wave2: Hello :) My son and I will also be there Oct 30-late Nov 2 :) I have been enjoying the pics :)

I've stated it before. One of the most pleasurable times my family has at Disney is at least one morning during our stay at POR, we wake up real early and take a sunup walk down the Sassagoula over to POFQ for beignets. It is one of the most refreshing and enjoyable things there is. My kids love the little bunnies you see while walking along the trail. You have got to do it. It's a great way to start a day.:thumbsup2

One of the most pleasurable times my family has at Disney is at least one morning during our stay at POR, we wake up real early and take a sunup walk down the Sassagoula over to POFQ for beignets.

We love that too. Coming from the UK, we're always still running on British time on our first morning, so we tend to wake up at far-too-early-O'clock.

My DD (now 8) and I now have a tradition that on our first morning at about 5.30 we'll go "moon walking" (her phrase) around POR. It's so still and peaceful and the river is as calm as a millpond. We'll explore the resort, she'll dip her feet in the swimming pool, and we'll watch the dawn arrive as we walk around. It's really lovely.

WDW-May06-Family-Orig-IMG_0017.jpg

Andre

We just love this resort so much. I am an early riser, unlike the rest of my people, and will get up every morning to walk around POR. It is so beautiful :lovestruc
I have 85 days to go :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :thumbsup2

Everytime I book a trip to WDW I think I am going to try another resort and then it's just impossible. The one thing that really makes a difference for us is the quiet. It's just so quiet and I know the resort is full.

The other thing is the boat ride to DTD. What a way to travel. So very relaxing, something new to see with every ride.

We're the same way! I'd like to try another mod, but we're about to book our third POR stay because we enjoy it there so much that we can't leave it! :lovestruc

To keep this OT since it's a photo thread, here's a picture of Riverside Mill:

WDW07084.jpg

AB Room 1721
Quasimodo in the window - loved having a corner room:
100_3454.jpg

100_3689.jpg

Took a rainy day walk over to the Mansion side:
100_3681.jpg

Quiet pool back by our room - very convenient:
100_3655.jpg

I love this thread and am now forever addicted as we are booked to stay there in May. From the looks of this thread I made the right choice. :cool1:
Does anyone have any photos of the main pool.
I had no problem finding the dragon slide at POFQ and I heard POR has a nice slide as well but I have yet to find a picture of it anywhere.
Anyone?:confused3

We love that too. Coming from the UK, we're always still running on British time on our first morning, so we tend to wake up at far-too-early-O'clock.

My DD (now 8) and I now have a tradition that on our first morning at about 5.30 we'll go "moon walking" (her phrase) around POR. It's so still and peaceful and the river is as calm as a millpond. We'll explore the resort, she'll dip her feet in the swimming pool, and we'll watch the dawn arrive as we walk around. It's really lovely.

WDW-May06-Family-Orig-IMG_0017.jpg

Andre

Then you and your daughter see plenty of bunnies on your walks. I see you took that pic at the quiet pool next to Oak Manor. That's were my wife and I take the kids the last afternoon before we leave so they can swim and we wash clothes. I asked to be in Oak Manor for our stay next week. Can't wait.:thumbsup2

We will be stayin' at the POR within the next two weeks...and I am a bit curious.
Can anyone tell me how much it costs for the following:
to rent Surrey Bikes?
to rent the water mice?
to take a carriage ride and is it per person or per ride?

Thanks a bunch!!!
We can't wait to leave!!!!!!:goodvibes

Does anybody have any new pics? :confused3 I just booked with the 40% code and I am so excited!! :yay:

It seems like CBR and CSR are the " Hot Resorts" right now. I guess because of their refurbs....But there has to be some POR lovers out there somewhere......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter