Staying at Por Riverside for first time. Questions...

princessreilly

DIS Veteran
Hello there. My family of five and my parents are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time. We check in next week and I'm concerned about this: my family of five has a garden view room and my parents have a royal garden view room. I learned after booking that we will be in seperste buildings? How far is it? Suggestions?

Hello there. My family of five and my parents are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time. We check in next week and I'm concerned about this: my family of five has a garden view room and my parents have a royal garden view room. I learned after booking that we will be in seperste buildings? How far is it? Suggestions?
The rooms that sleep five are in Alligator Bayou.

That looks like a long distance from the royal rooms? Not sure what to do know? We usually stay at Poly and don't have this problem?

That looks like a long distance from the royal rooms? Not sure what to do know? We usually stay at Poly and don't have this problem?
The only thing would be for your parents to downgrade to Alligator Bayou and give up the Royal room.

While they might be far away, everything kind of converges on "Ol' Man Island" and in turn the main building where the food and shopping is found. Makes meeting up somewhat easier that way, as there are multiple access "bridges" across the island.

About the only place you'll run in to a significant issue is bus stops. Depends on where in AB your room ends up. If you were to end up near the West or North depot you'd get on a bus at a different stop than your parents in the Royal Room. They'll use either East Depot or South (main lobby) Depot. Ya'll could agree to meet at a specific bus stop but if you are back near the West one it will be a haul for one group.

I'd likely do 1 of 2 things, have them check in to booking anything other than a Royal room, so they can request a room in AB also or book Preferred for your family so you'll be nearer the South Depot and can all use that one.

I agree with AngiTN. I would also check to see if you can get adjoining rooms or close rooms in AB for both of your parties. If you can't, then request for your buildings to be as close as possible in proximity. That might be difficult, but doesn't hurt to ask. If you plan to meet at the Main building at the South depot, that might work. We love POR and won't stay anywhere else. I think you will love it, no matter where you all end up:)

While POR looks like it's huge, it's not really that far from one end to the other. I would think if you were in one of the far out buildings at Poly you probably walked just as far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter