Staying at POP, conferencing at GF

etedesco

Earning My Ears
Hoping for some sage advice! I'll be staying at the Pop Century at the end of the month, and going to the GF for a Disney Institute conference. I'll need to be at the conference by 8AM. Parks don't open until 9, which means busses won't start operating until 7. Right?

So, will I have time to take a bus to TTC, monorail to GF and be on time? Or should I just $$ for a cab for three days?

Actually, the buses start running from the resorts by 6:30am every morning.They don't run quite as frequently as the regular buses do though.
So, you could get a bus to MK prior to 7am, then take the monorail over to GF. BUT.....with all the monorail issues right now, who knows if it will be running?? It should be...as of right now, they are shutting it down between the hours of 11:30am and 6pm, so you should be okay. Plan on it taking you about 20+ mins, once you get on the monorail.
Or, just take a cab.

Since Pop is about the furthest resort from MK, and GF is the longest monorail ride from MK, I would recommend being at the bus stop at 6:45.

That will give you:

• Up to 20 min. wait for the bus
  • 20 min. ride to MK
  • 5 min. walk from bus stops to monorail platform
  • 10 min. wait for the monorail
  • 20 min. ride to GF

I really appreciate the help! I don't mind getting up early to get there, I just don't want to be late. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter