staying at Poly this weekend 5\3-5\5

fanandproud

Earning My Ears
We're at the poly this weekend for my birthday, I thought you guys would want to know that the club level renovations look great. They changed bedding and paint as well as redid the bathrooms. I do not have pics of the room yet but the changes that they made addressed the lighting issues. The bedding and paint and flooring are lighter colors which brightens up the room. Additionally the expedition everest run is this weekend so I went to the wide world of sports and got the disney new balance shoes! Happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday indeed! I will be there tomorrow and I am excited to see if I will get an updated room--they look gorgeous!

They are really nice indeed! Since your going to be here you should get some sneakers too. The only sell them when there is a race and they just introduced them in January. You can join a small portion of the population that has good shoes that also has mickey on them.

We're at the poly this weekend for my birthday, I thought you guys would want to know that the club level renovations look great. They changed bedding and paint as well as redid the bathrooms. I do not have pics of the room yet but the changes that they made addressed the lighting issues. The bedding and paint and flooring are lighter colors which brightens up the room. Additionally the expedition everest run is this weekend so I went to the wide world of sports and got the disney new balance shoes! Happy birthday to me!

Thanks for the report. We've stayed at the Poly and love the resort and we are trying CL in December. Have a great weekend and enjoy the Poly :).

Happy birthday indeed! I will be there tomorrow and I am excited to see if I will get an updated room--they look gorgeous!

Have a great trip :goodvibes.

We just returned from the Poly; had a new room. They are really nice. Much brighter and even the bathroom looks like it got a makeover. I believe they have four longhouses going through the rehab right now. Much better.

When will all the Poly rooms be refurbished? Is everything being redone(eg. Complete new bathroom??). Plotting our first big trip to follow getting our Disney feet wet.

The rooms them self have not been "completly redone" it is still the same furniture but the floors are new all the beds and bedding are new, fresh paint, new fans. The bathrooms are the area that had the most extensive renovation. They used to have a single sink next to the bathtub and the can was a bit concealed around a corner wall. What they did was take the single sink out, removed about two feet of wall by the can and put the sink across from the can. This enabled them to have two sinks in the bathroom, but also have a whole wall of mirror. This makes the space seem alot bigger and because the mirrors reflect light alot brighter. The poly was getting rippped in reviews because people thought the rooms were too dark. The renovations that they did greatly improved the lighting all around. If this is your first time I would like to make a few recommendations if I may. The first is use the dining plan. This makes the whole meal process alot easier, you just give the server/cashier your card and it is done. Something that I really like about it also is that by the time you arrive for your trip it is already paid for. I am a bit fiscally shrewd so if I have to use my credit card while we are away I am thinking about the money being spent which makes my vacation less enjoyable. It also ens up saving you money in the long run as well. My next recommendation is to stay club level if you can swing it. The attentive service tuat you get from all of the people at the resort makes the trip very relaxing. If you are in the park and purchase something sa with any disbey resort you can have the items shipped back to your hotel to be picked up in the hotel gift shop, you do not have to carry bags all through out the park makes it easier. If you stay club level they go a step further and deliver your bags to your room. There is always foid and drinks out at the club level lounge which also saves money on snacks and drinks plus if you drink there is beer and wine all day and top shelf cordials in the evening. I'm sure I do not need to tell you how much that can save you. If you have kids stay on the monorail loop. The monorail makes getting from the parks to your room a dream. This is REALLY useful when the kids get tired and cranky in the afternoon and need a nap (applies to the adults as well). If you can plan the days you go to the parks around the extra magic hours that nap will be really good because you can go back around 12:30 or 1 when the crowds get heavy and cone back around 4 or 5 when it starts to thin out and not miss anything. You beat the crowds and the heat, life is good! These are just a few tips that I find really useful and like to share with everyone because I love Disney and hate to hear when other people do not enjoy their trip, and I have been blessed that I live in florida and can make fairly regular trips which allows me to analyze different tips. I am not sure about an exact completion date off the top of my head but if you are considering the polynesian I highly recommend visting tikimanpages.com. it us the unoffical polynesian resort guide website. He has alot of very valuable information on there. I have stayed at the pop century, port orleans french Quarter and riverside, grand floridian clublevel, contemporary clublevel, polynesian clublevel, the all stars, coranado springs, and fort wilderness. I do not know what your budget is, and I do not need too, I will make recommendations on all of the ones that I have been to. For value resorts pop century hands down. It is a more appealing atmosphere and I personally have had bettwr experiences there. Moderate resorts- I have to go with Riverside although that is a tough call. The pool at coranado springs is awesome the buildings are sprawled out more and there is the potential for alot more required walking. Delux resorts- polynesian. I say this because I personally appriciate the vibes more. It is alot more relaxed which makes for a nice vacation. When you go to disney there is the potential to have a really hectic trip it is important to find a good balance between the action and the relaxation. That will be the difference of loving Disney and loathing it. For example of the balance, my family and I find that it is nice to take a day off in between parks. This allows us t recharge our batteries before we go back at it in another park. That might not work for you but it is an example of what is make or break for us. Another quip about the polynesian, the polynesian had the first clublevel at disney and all the other clublevels are based on the model that the poly set. That said all of the clublevels I have been too didn't quite live up to the polynesian. They weren't bad, but the poly just has a little something extra. Beyond that I can come up with oodles more information if you want and check out tikimanpages.com he has the scheduled completion dates for renovations and all around some good tips and information. Congrats on your trip, and if you need any tips or help planning just say so. I know that you will find alot of people on here who will jump at the opportunity to help, myself included. We will make you a Disney fanatic (or if your a Phillies fan like me, phanatic). Mahalo friend!

Yes! We checked in today and got a newly refurbished room in Samoa--gorgeous! Nice and breezy--nicely matches the feel of the resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter