staying at Poly/concierge...what room/floor?

ZuZugal

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>There are many reas
We are about 3 weeks out...staying at the Poly. Last time we stayed concierge I requested a room on the 1st or 3rd floor close to the lounge. We ended up on the 2nd floor on the furthest end from the lounge.

I made no other requests, that was it.

Should i be wording it differently - asking for a specific room number?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

forgot to mention we paid for a lagoon view room

There's no magic words (other than please, I guess). It's just luck of the draw. With 1/3 of the rooms not having balconies, someone has to get those.

We have just requested first floor or 3rd on our first trip and we were close to the lounge end on the first floor. Next time, we requested a room on the 1st floor close to the lounge end. We got our requests both times.

Send your request to the Poly IPO staff and they will do their best to accommodate you, but there's only so many rooms, so you may not get what you want this time either.

I would NOT request specific room numbers, that will only lessen your chances of getting what you want because if those rooms aren't available, they will just stick you wherever. At least with broader requests, they have more options for getting you what you want.

The room categories have changed in club level at the Poly. Third floor lagoon side is now all Theme Park view (except for 1 room at the extreme east end).

Most of 1st and 2nd is lagoon view category, not theme park. So if you want 3rd floor you will have to pay more for Theme Park view.

Requests should be kept to simple things like 1st floor. It is very unlikely that they can meet a specific room number request and location on the floor is hard as well.

The room categories have changed in club level at the Poly. Third floor lagoon side is now all Theme Park view (except for 1 room at the extreme east end).

Most of 1st and 2nd is lagoon view category, not theme park. So if you want 3rd floor you will have to pay more for Theme Park view.

Requests should be kept to simple things like 1st floor. It is very unlikely that they can meet a specific room number request and location on the floor is hard as well.

Thanks - forgot about that further limiting the options. Wonder if that means our previous rooms are only lagoon view now even though we could see the castle (one better than another but neither perfect). That would be awesome for me for a future trip! I'll have to check Tiki's site and see what's what.

We booked a CL gardenview room. How are the views?

You will look out towards the quiet pool in a CL garden view room - they are all on one side of the building (across the hall from the theme park/lagoon view rooms). Could be a pool view, tree view (could really be a tree - I mean!), walkway view, etc.

Send your request to the Poly IPO staff and they will do their best to accommodate you, but there's only so many rooms, so you may not get what you want this time either.
I thought it's better to send room requests through the Cast Members at the Disney Reservations Center when making your reservations, because they can add it as note onto your reservation.

We had GVCL and were very happy with our room. Though it's nice to have the view of the castle from the room, all we had to do was go down to the lounge and get the same view. We were on the opposite end of the building from the lounge on the first floor facing the quiet pool. If given a choice I would have liked to be closer to the middle of the building but it really wasn't that big a deal. I liked being able to walk out of the sliding doors on the first floor and go straight to the pool. I think Tikiman's site has specific room views if you want a better idea of what you'll be looking at.

For what it's worth, last year we requested a specific room number in the Tahiti building. We came up with this number based on doing some research on Tikiman's website. We did not stay (obviously) in the CL category, but did have the TPV. We wanted 1st floor, to be able to walk out onto the beach from our room. Surprisingly, we got the exact room number that we had requested. We went during the first week of December if that helps. I was quite surprised that we got that exact room, and we LOVED where we were. I hope you get everything you wish for! pixiedust:

There is a specific room we like in Hawaii--1st floor, about 3-4 down from the lounge (sorry, I don't remember the #). We called to request it this time and were told this is a LV room and we booked TPV. The cast member suggested leaving our request as "1st floor, close to lounge" and then when we get there see what is open. If we don't like the options we could "downgrade" to a LV and see what is available.

Honestly, we always thought our favorite room was TPV since we could see the castle. But the CM said it is partially obstructed. Go figure.

There is a specific room we like in Hawaii--1st floor, about 3-4 down from the lounge (sorry, I don't remember the #). We called to request it this time and were told this is a LV room and we booked TPV. The cast member suggested leaving our request as "1st floor, close to lounge" and then when we get there see what is open. If we don't like the options we could "downgrade" to a LV and see what is available.

Honestly, we always thought our favorite room was TPV since we could see the castle. But the CM said it is partially obstructed. Go figure.

Sounds like the rooms we have liked - I think 1501 and 1503 or 1504. One was right next to the lounge - first door on the hallway and the other one was a few doors down from that (but from what you posted, it sounds like both might be lagoon view - good for me, cheaper!).

As for calling IPO with the room requests - I made sure I told them because in the end, they are the ones that give out the rooms in Hawaii and they are the ones that can make adjustments at check-in. I wouldn't say not to put it on your original reservation, but to also tell the IPO when making your other arrangements. Worked for me twice.

I am really confused by the abbreviations.

TPV?
IPO?
LV (Lagoon View??)

We have always stayed at the Poly the past 3 times with the Magic Kindom view. This year we are staying Garden View. Are there any rooms on the Lagoon side that are classified as Garden?

I am really confused by the abbreviations.

TPV?
IPO?
LV (Lagoon View??)

We have always stayed at the Poly the past 3 times with the Magic Kindom view. This year we are staying Garden View. Are there any rooms on the Lagoon side that are classified as Garden?
TPV means Theme Park View, IPO means Internal Planning Office and LV means Lagoon View. Finally since you booked a Garden View that means there are no rooms for them on the Lagoon side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter