Staying at POFQ - What to Expect?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi! We're booked for the POFQ during the first week of Feb. - We've never stayed there. We did honeymoom years ago at POR, and like it very much. This time we'll be going with a 6yr and 2 yr old. What are the rooms like? Is the food any good? What should I look forward to? Thanks so much! :wave2:

You can expect the TIME of YOUR LIFE!!!!
This is our Fav... Resort. Clean, newly renovated,friendly,all charm,romance,and beauty,the BEST bus service,great foodcourt,Boatwrights sit down resturant at PORS,loaded gift shops,elevators,awesome pool,great entertainment at PORS with piano-man Bob Jackson,horse buggy rides,hair-dryers,boat ride to DTD and Market Place,super price I could go on forever. You are in for a Great trip with or without children.. at Christmas the Holiday feeling is so THERE! Beautiful decorations,Bell Ringers,Music it will put you in the mood. Man! now I want to go back.. Have A Great Vacation and Believe me you will have the time of your life..
We stayed there 4 times and WILL be back to POFQ soon...and we have stayed at all levels of Disney Resorts..
Chatty

POFQ is our family's favorite. We will be there in three weeks!

The nicest part is that the resort is compact. Nit as spread out as POR. The is a big thing when you have two little ones with you. (our kids are 5 1/2 and almost 3).

The food court has a lot of selection. Everyone should be able o find something. W always walk over to Boatwrights at Riverside for dinner. The food there is very good.

POFQ has a special kind of charm to it. I think it's the old time streets, the pastel colors and the gas lamps.

Have a great time. You definately made the right resort choice.

I am so glad to here all the positive reports on POFQ. We wil be leaving sooon (not soon enough lol) for POFQ. We have only stayed at WL previously so we are a bit nervous about the new resort.

No one mentioned the cute hot tub. The hot tub is close to the pool in its own seperate little courtyard. It's kinda on the small side, but it's really nice. We enjoyed it every day.

Marie

POFQ is a great resort with little ones the age of yours. It's whimsical with its alligators-playing-musical-instruments statues. The slide in the pool is perfect for little guys. Have a great time! :D

Just got back today and we also loved it.

Personally I love the idea of the cozy atmosphere. At Riverside there are 4 seperate bus stops, FQ ~ only 1. We had a great time, literally no complaints. Everyone was lovely and so was the resort.

One of the other benefits is at parks like MK there is a seperate French Quarter bus and Riverside bus so you have shorter lines and no other stops!

Enjoy!

You are going to absolutely love your stay at POFQ. I stayed here last Feb for 10days and it was the best onsite resort IMHO.
I was in building 7, and was surprised to find out how close it is to everything at the resort.
The beinets are superb: having had the originals in New Orleans, I am sure that you will enjoy these each and every morning of your visit.
Remember that you are able to take a horse carriage ride in the evening around the resort and over to POR. It would be a fantastic way to end an evening.
all the best, you will have a great time
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Ditto with all the responses. We really liked POFQ. The kids loved the pool, my parents loved the compact resort and DH and I loved the peaceful evening strolls. I have nothing bad to say about POFQ. The CM's were great. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. :jester:

You all helped "jump start" my excitement level! Now I can't wait! Thank you, thank you, thank you!:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter