• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Doubletree in Disney night before

Madden6

Earning My Ears
We are arriving a day early for our cruise on the 6th of March and I had a question. Has anyone ever stayed at the Doubletree in Walt Disney? I don't plan on taking the kids into Magic Kingdom ( I think it would be too much with 4yr. old twins, a 3 yr. old, and a 15 month old) I figure there must be something we could walk around and see for awhile then go back to hotel pool. Also, anyone know anything about checking in at the hotel and not having to check in at Port Canaveral? Thanks for any feedback . I am trying to plan so I can make my life a BIT easier!!! If possible!!

Checking in at the hotel and not having to check in at Port Canaveral is only available if you do a 7 day land/sea package at a WDW resort. Since this isn't what your are describing in your post, this option is not available to you.

The Doubletree is in the row of hotels that are on WDW property but not owned or operated by Disney. They are right by Downtown Disney, which has a Lego store, etc. There's an interactive playground outside of the Lego store so that you can play and not even go into the store.

You could also consider something like a character dinner or breakfast (available at the Contemp, Poly, Grand Flo, Beach Club without needing to pay park admission.) The COntemp (Chef Mickey's) and Grand Flo(1901 Park Fare) have dinner and breakfasts, the others have only breakfast. Cost is about $30 for adults, $12 for kids for dinner, less for breakfast. You obviously do not need to stay at the hotels to eat in the restaurants, but you will want to call WDW and make "priority seating" (their words for reservations) 60 days in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter