• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Coronado Springs with family?

mobile73

Earning My Ears
Hi
We are coming from UK and staying at CSR in August for 2 weeks, family of four, 2 girls aged 10 and 8. We have previously stayed at AoA which we loved (especially the theming), but this time round the free dining made CSR better value and we liked the idea of a "nicer" hotel.

Have read lots of posts here about CSR and it being great for adults, but can anyone advise what it is like for familes? Also, which room would you advise? We will have a car and use a mix of buses and driving depending on our schedule. Ideally want to be near to combination of bus stop, pool, food and car park (if that is possible!!)

Thanks for any advice

M73

If your girls like pools and swimming they are going to love the Dig Site pool at Coronado Springs Resort. It is one of the best pools in all of WDW. It has a great slide and a morning ceremony where they gather the kids and call for the water to come down the pyramid. There are afternoon pool games for the kids. Also, there are movies and marshmallow roasting by the pool in the evenings. The resort is very beautiful. There is a lot of wildlife to see in and around the lake and the lights of the resort at night make the walk around the lake gorgeous.

We like to stay in the Cabanas section. The buildings are only two floors high so there will only be one flight of stair to climb if you are on the second floor. We always ask for a corner room in building 8A because it is close to the main pool, the quiet pool in the Ranchos section, and bus stop #4. Some of the corner rooms in the Cabanas buildings have two windows making the room lighter. The rooms are really nice and the beds are super comfortable. We usually fly to WDW so we only use Disney transportation. We found that CSR has the best bus service of all of the resorts we have stayed at.

We have stayed at Coronado Springs for our last 5 trips. We love it there. Cheers!!!!!!

We just got back from CSR and our kids 7 and 4 loved it! They loved The Dig Site pool with the slide and they loved sitting on the steps of the pyramid and letting the water flow down onto them. We ended up staying in building 7B in a corned room and that worked out nice for us. The two windows as the previous poster said was a a nice touch to have and really brightened up the room. Also I thought building 7b was really a quick walk to bus stop 4, The Dig Site and the quiet pool. The only drawback was that it was probably an 7-10 minute walk to The front desk, food, and shops....although we weren't bothered by that. Also The Dig Site bar area does serve a limited breakfast if you're hungry and don't want to walk to the front of the resort.

Hi
We are coming from UK and staying at CSR in August for 2 weeks, family of four, 2 girls aged 10 and 8. We have previously stayed at AoA which we loved (especially the theming), but this time round the free dining made CSR better value and we liked the idea of a "nicer" hotel.

Have read lots of posts here about CSR and it being great for adults, but can anyone advise what it is like for familes? Also, which room would you advise? We will have a car and use a mix of buses and driving depending on our schedule. Ideally want to be near to combination of bus stop, pool, food and car park (if that is possible!!)

Thanks for any advice

M73

Don't fret, for your going to be in one of the best resorts in all of Disney.....Best bang for your buck , is what we've always said.. Especially w/ FD.

In terms of which section to choose. We were given Ranchos back in 2010, but I asked if there was anything else. We were given Casitas 3. We thought this was the perfect spot. So close to El Centro, very close to quiet pool/gym/spa/laundry..And also not far from bus stop #1. The only drawback *( if you can call it that ) was that it was a lil further of a walk to main pool, which ( like WDWJeffc37 ) stated, is FABULOUS.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay in this section again....I too would of loved the location of either 8A or B but would Now definitely request 7B... In terms of aesthetically pleasing to the eye, I think Ranchos fits that bill out of all of them, then Cabanas, then Casitas. Also The ranchos has the food choices & quick fill station there too, so no longer do you need to trek all the way back to El Centro.... Plus you'll have your car which is a nice plus...

Either route you go, I'm sure youll have a great trip.:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the advice. Really helpful and appreciated. One question, how do I contact the hotel? Have seen some suggestions of a fax and others saying call?
Also have seen conflicting info about availability of roll out beds. Do you know if CSR has these? Will make it a lot easier with the kids if they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter