• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Bonnet Creek but not doing Disney?

usmcwife1

Mouseketeer
We have a week long stay booked for the Wyndham Bonnet Creek the 1st week of December and were tentatively planning on doing 4 days at Disney but are seriously considering Universal Orlando... :O

We've stayed at the WBC before and love the resort but wondering if being IN Disney and not doing Disney will make the kiddos crazy.. also, how is the drive to Universal from WBC?

I haven't talked myself out of Disney yet but it might be nice to try something new!

We did just that in July. It was a little hard but you can see Disney fireworks which is pretty awesome. We went over to DtD and it is nice to be so close. For me, being in or near Orlando and not going to Disney is hard, be it at BC or other resort so might as well love the resort. we are likely going for winter break too but cannot swing Disney tickets this trip.
We drove to Universal, it took about 20 min, more with morning traffic if you leave too late. We left at 7 am, stopped for food to eat on the way and were in HP area before 8 am!

We did just that in July. It was a little hard but you can see Disney fireworks which is pretty awesome. We went over to DtD and it is nice to be so close. For me, being in or near Orlando and not going to Disney is hard, be it at BC or other resort so might as well love the resort. we are likely going for winter break too but cannot swing Disney tickets this trip.
We drove to Universal, it took about 20 min, more with morning traffic if you leave too late. We left at 7 am, stopped for food to eat on the way and were in HP area before 8 am!
Thank you! This is great help! Especially with info on timing! :)

We have stayed a WBC for a week and went to USF it was harder for me not going to Disney than the kids. We did go to DTD a couple of times to get my fix. Since your going in Dec I would spend a day or 2 resort hopping just to see the Christmas decorations and try to go to Christmas party if you can swing the extra $ for the tickets.

Why not. We were staying at the Contemporary (DH had a convention there) and the only parks we did were SeaWorld and Gatorland. Stay at any resort you like and go to any theme parks you want to. It's easy to get around in Orlando if you have a car.

We're doing this in October. We are debating going to a MNSSHP, but other than that, we are most likely doing Seaworld or Legoland (we did Disney and Universal last fall) We have a Chef Mickey's reservation so if we don't go to MNSSHP, we still get a touch of Disney :)

I don't think I could do it. Last year we did a short trip with only one day at Disney but with Disney touches every other day but I missed the magic. We stayed at the park inn which has Disney view rooms so it was nice to see the fireworks at night but I wanted to be there. In the end it was a spur of the moment trip and we had fun, but I have been counting down the days to this trip I have In two weeks because I need my Disney. To each their own though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter