Staying at beach before hitting DW

tripplanner2

DIS Veteran
If you were going to hit the beach for a couple of days before staying at DW, where would you stay? I am curious about sleeping arrangements. I am assuming Coco Beach, but I am open to suggestions. My thought is to go t IOA for Harry Potter, then the beach maybe 4 nights, then DW. We booked a bounceback free dining that starts 8/17 but we can't stay as long as usual because we need to be back home end of August. Kids are going nuts to see Harry Potter and DH wants the beach. So here in my compromise.:goodvibes Just have no clue on how to find a place by the beach. I was thinking of a condo but they are all looking like month long rentals. Maybe I was on the wrong site. I would love less than a week long rental too.

Sounds like a fun trip - the best of all things:thumbsup2

We've stayed at St. Petersburg beach - there are a good assortment of hotels along the beach that should work nicely for you - we stayed at Grand Plaza and thought it was great!!! (try hotels.com to get a idea of what's there) It's a short drive from Orlando and to me the sand and water are just "prettier" along the gulf. :lovestruc At Coco Beach - I remember several large hotel chains there also - about the condos - there should be some that rent weekly/daily.....just not sure where to look either...sorry :goodvibes

This past November, we went to Disney's Vero Beach resort after our trip to Disney, Universal and Legoland. We loved Vero Beach resort! It is about a two hour drive from Disney. We stayed in a 1 bedroom but they also have hotel rooms, studios, 2 bedrooms and cottages. The pool and beach were great. They had so many activities such as campfires (and s'mores), unbirthday parties, arts and crafts, bike rentals, mini golf, character meals, etc. They offered a 25% AAA discount which made the room extremely reasonable. I highly recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter