staying at BCV, cost for parking at the parks?

mat526

Earning My Ears
We rented points to stay at BCV this January. I
understand there is free valet parking at BCV (but
still need to tip), but wasn't sure about whether or not
we got free parking at the theme parks. Thanks
for the info! -Maggie

all WDW resort hotels (which include DVC resorts) get free parking at the WDW theme parks.

just put the parking permit you will receive at front desk in your car.

When you check in at the guard shack at bcv you will get a parking pass, you put it on your dashboard, that entitles you free parking at all disney theme, water parks.
staying on disney propertey entitles free parking , only dvc gets free valet at dvc resorts only, and tip is always welcome.::yes::

Just be aware that driving to resorts might take longer than taking Disney transportation. When you drive to the MK, you will have to not only come all the way in from the parking lot, but also traverse through the TTC and on to MK. When you take Disney transportation (which is free), you will be dropped off right at the entrance. For Epcot, you just walk over, and for MGM you can either walk or take the boat. AK will require the bus again. Not sure how buses are from BCV, but they are great from OKW. The only time we really use a car at WDW is when we want to go to one of the other resorts for dinner, etc. Disney transportation takes a bit too long for those kinds of trips, but parks are great to get to.

Free valet parking at DVC resorts is a DVC perk, not a resort perk. Since you are renting, you might not get that one. Renters technically are not eligible for DVC perks. But that's not to say you won't.

Thanks for all the parking and transportation info! This is our first time staying at any Disney Reort. I can see it might be much more convenient than staying offsite.
Can't wait!! -Maggie

Originally posted by dianeschlicht
When you drive to the MK, you will have to not only come all the way in from the parking lot, but also traverse through the TTC and on to MK.

But you don't get to ride a monorail and/or the ferry. I can ride a bus anyday...I can't a monorail or ferry. We took the bus from OKW on our last trip. It was slightly faster getting to the gate, but I missed the ferry ride over. :(

-joe

hey just because you take the bus doesn't mean you can't ride the monrail - we take the bus to the MK - then ride the monrails - first the express - then the resort monrails - then the Epcot monrail there and back - then back to the resort monrails (by this time it can be lunch) - go gift shop looking (and sometimes buying) then lunch - you can then ride the ferry back to the bus stop - yes I have a day so who ever is in the party gets to go around the way that they want too - generally do it the first day so I don't have to listen to the complaints later.....

you ride the monrails and don't waste a park ticket to do it - you got the time - january 31, 2042 before DVC ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter