Staying at Anaheim Plaza

deli8788

Mouseketeer
In September we plan on staying at the Plaza Hotel. I don't care if it's a little outdated as long as it's clean. More importantly I will be 36 weeks pregnant and want to know if the walk really is as short as the hotel said it was? We booked this hotel because we got a great deal on two connecting rooms. Anyone stay here and have a review?

I stayed there with my adult dd about 4 years ago, so take that into account. It was very no-frill, but the price was great. Our room was upstairs and there are no elevators so you might want to request a ground-floor set of rooms since you're going to be 36 weeks pg!

Pros: very large room; nice balcony/patio off every room; huge pool (which we didn't use, so I can't review it); I loved the kitschy landscaping and style of the place, as it was very 60s; microwave in the room; on-site restaurant and large lobby area; easy walk, though not super close like BWPPI or Park Vue--I'd say comparable to maybe Fairfield Inn; good parking area.

Cons: shower was all over the place as far as temperature and pressure, and that's typical there; carpets were really old at that time and the room had a definite shabbiness to it--it was clean but there were areas along the baseboards where the carpet looked very bad. It wasn't so much dirty as it was just old and the carpet was pulling away from the wall; our sink in the bathroom must have had some stuff partially clogging it because it smelled a little funky and when we came back to the room later, there were little gnat things going in and out of the drain! They did take care of it when we called. I want to add here that we had a similar drain issue (minus the gnats) at DLH once.

My overall impression is that the hotel is old which is both part of its charm and part of what makes it a little on the shabby side. It was clean and a good size, close to the parks and reasonably priced, so the cons mentioned above were not deal breakers. I did decide that if I could afford it, I would stay elsewhere but on those visits when money was tight, Anaheim Plaza is a good option.

That's how we feel about Anaheim Plaza too. The walk is definitely doable. We always request a ground floor room. No stairs and a bigger patio. Anytime we do a budget trip, this is still our go to place. Well, except when our DD travels with us. Apparently the shower temp and the fact that they had to call maint twice to get into the safe are deal breakers for her. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter