Staying at AKL--is the "kitchen sink" worth a trip to Beaches and Cream to get?

julemm

Earning My Ears
We are staying over DD 10th birthday and thought this would be great to go and get, but looking at the map it is a long distance to go just for this. Is it worth the trip? What is the best way to get there...from our hotel or a park? Does another rest. have something just as good? Any input would be great....thanks! :)

julemm said:
We are staying over DD 10th birthday and thought this would be great to go and get, but looking at the map it is a long distance to go just for this. Is it worth the trip? What is the best way to get there...from our hotel or a park? Does another rest. have something just as good? Any input would be great....thanks! :)

My then ten year old dd and I got the Kitchen sink one year at B&C and it was something we talked about for a long time! Everyone in the place gets so excited when they see it coming.

Well worth the trip over from AK or go from Epcot late afternoon (usual easy to get into around 3:00-3:30 pm and then go back to Epcot after you've eaten. :cool1:

julemm said:

Easy to get there.

Bus from AKL to MGM Studios.
Stroll down to boat dock on the lake (right next to bus loading).
Take the Friendship (the only boats that dock here) to Beach Club (20 min. ride).
Stroll to B&C and have the LARGEST ice cream treat at WDW.

Going to Beaches and Cream is worth the trip alone. We love the malts. We have never done the kitchen sink but when it comes out for someone else we are just as excited for them. Someday DH and I will brave it!

DH and I got the kitchen sink on our last trip. Oh man that was a lot of fun!!! :teeth: We weren't able to finish it but we had fun trying.

We got it when we stayed at the YC our 2nd trip when we had the beloved meal vouchers! We didn't eat that much of it, but it was sure was good!! and HUGE!!

We got it last yr.. At first it was good, then all the stuff gets mixed up and you have NO idea what you are eating! LOL :rotfl: It is just a brown mushy cold mess! LOL
But, it was cool to do, and glad we did it!
sink.jpg

BTW.. our table had to order 2 for all of us!! LOL

If you go from Epcot out the back Int Gateway. You can get a boat or walk walking is faster about 5min. Then you can walk back or take the boat to MGM or EPCOT. I say give it a try.Also from any park just hop on the bus to Beachclub and your there. :bday: :cake: :mickeybar

Schedule to go to B&C on your Epcot day. Make it your lunch or dinner instead, then you can just walk there, have the Kitchen Sink, revitalize yourselves, then walk back to Epcot to finish the day.

We usually do Future World in the morning, walk to B&C for lunch, then do World Showcase afterwards. It's only 5 minute walk and the walk is pleasant enough. You can even take a break on the beach for a little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter