Staybridge and ART or Driving

richfei

Earning My Ears
We're thinking of staying at the Staybridge on Manchester for Thanksgiving week for 3 days. Never stayed here before. Main reason being we wanted a kitchenette and the rate isn't too bad
There will be 2 adults and 2 kids (5 and 10)

More than likely we'll come back at lunchtime (use the pool, young kid wants a nap, make use of the kitchen etc)

There isn't much of a saving money wise ($39 pass for 4 vs $45 parking for 3 days) but from a convenience and time point of view around Thanksgiving, is it better to drive and park vs take the shuttle (route 12 stop 2) ?

Is it better to park at the Timon lot and just walk or park in the main Mickey and friends lot, bearing in mind we'll be going in and out for lunch ?

thanks

To be honest, neither option is incredibly appealing. That's going to be a very busy time, so you run a risk of not finding a spot (or having to wait in traffic) if you leave the parking garage and try to come back later. I always try to find a hotel within walking distance or at least within walking distance to the Toy Story lot so you can utilize their buses. Is there anything in that area that has a kitchenette?

We will be at the same hotel during that same week. We will be using ART. A few years ago we stayed at the hotel right next door so same stop. Yes at night it could be a bit crowded on the way out of the park and once we had to wait for a second bus but it was there within 10 min. It's easier now that the kids are older and we don't have strollers etc. For my kids riding the bus is half the fun. :) We stayed across the street last year and just walked. The kids were rather disappointed! lol Either way it's going to be a fun week. Maybe we'll see you around! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter