Stay out of the damn lake.....news report

Wow, thats just terrible. At first I thought Pete was driving this point home WAY to hard, but after reading articles and seeing stories like this, You just can't say "Stay out of the damn lakes" enough.:sad1::guilty:

I saw the story on the news earlier today. Tragic!
STAY OUT OF THE DAMN LAKES!!!

When I first saw this story today, I thought about Pete ending all of the shows saying to "Stay out of the damns lakes..." Just another story about how truly bad it can be. Very sad...

Absolutely Stay out of the lakes. It costs more than its worth. Go swim in the nice clean swimming pool.:thumbsup2

Pete never tells crap......

That's horrible.It makes me think twice about letting my kids go swimming in a lake.

That's horrible.It makes me think twice about letting my kids go swimming in a lake.

Yes, but I don't think it's all lakes, thank goodness. Some of my fondest memories growing up were all our camping trips and swimming in lakes.

The chromobacterium violaceum that affected the child in the video actually is natural in many types of soil, not just lake beds. Infection from this bacteria is even rarer than the amoebic infections that has prompted Pete's concern about the lakes. But yes, it is pretty much all lakes, particularly in warm climates. For good or bad, you need to consider the relative risks for any activity. Certainly more children die each year from car accidents than from infections related to swimming in lakes, but choosing to never ride in a car is not really an option. For many people, lake activities (swimming, water skiing) is something that they choose to do and water skiing can't be done in a pool. If you choose to do these activities with full knowledge of the risks and using what you can to minimize the risk (nose plugs, etc.), that is a personal decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter