Stay on site for 1 day visit before cruise?

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by closetdisneynerd, Feb 15, 2013.

1. closetdisneynerd

closetdisneynerd Earning My Ears

Newbie to universal ... We want to visit IOA the day before we leave on a cruise in July. It would involve a 2 night stay and one day at the park. Do you think it's worth it to pay the money to stay on site for those 2 nights in order to have an EP for the day we are at the park? The on sites are so expensive . . .

2. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Since this has to do with the onsite resorts, I'm moving the thread over to the Universal Resorts board.

3. ultimate_ed

ultimate_ed Mouseketeer

We're doing something similar in June. We'll be going to universal for four nights before a cruise on Disney. For me, I think it will be worth it as the difference of getting the included "fastpass" for staying onsite offsets much of the cost difference of staying offsite. I'm planning on a shuttle/towncar service to get from the hotel to Universal and from Universal to Port Canaveral, so I won't have a parking cost or car rental.

Now, personally, I don't think a one day trip is worth while as the cost per day is so much higher vs. a multi-day ticket. Keep in mind, with the on site stay, your ride pass is good from your check in day through your checkout day.