Stay at airport Hyatt or check in late at Disney?

Tamickey

Mouseketeer
We have a room reserved at the airport Hyatt for our first nite since we arrive at 10:30 pm. I don't want to check in at POP that late since it's June and they'll be full. I'm a little unsure about room availability late at nite and would rather check in the next day and not have to take a chance on the last room that's left.

Here's my question.... instead of staying at the airport Hyatt, would it be better to head right over to Swan, Dolphin or a Disney village hotel for 1 nite? Would just the 2 of us ladies feel safe having a towncar take us at that late hour? Just wondering. Thanks.

People usually stay in an airport hotel the first night to save $$. I have to think the Hyatt in the airport will cost more than POP. I'd go right to POP. Have your room request added to your reservation. If you don't like your room you can ask to switch the next day.

Thank you for the quick response! Our ressie actually starts the next nite, so we need to get a room somewhere. We decided to go a day earlier since it will take almost a day of flying to get there. Didn't want to lose a Disney day on flying!

I know that I wouldn't be able to sleep in an airport room knowing that WDW is soooooooo close! Best wishes for a safe trip. :wave2:

We've checked in as late as 1:30 am. I think you should go to DTD or any of the WDW resorts if you can't get PC that night. That way you start out early and don't waste time traveling.

I think I would rather get to Disney property as soon as we can too. Since we've already split our stay between POP & BWI, I guess that would give us one more place to try!

So nobody feels unsafe taking the towncars or shuttles late at nite? Ladies traveling alone feel okay with it?

We got in at midnight the day before our stay at WL. We called from the road and were able to get a ressie at All Star Music for that night. We arrived a little after midnight and kept our stuff in the car (we had packed little overnight bags, toothbrush, pjs, clean clothes). We arrived at ASMu, showered, fell into bed, and slept like logs.

Got up a few hours later, and we were in Disney World!!!

Great way to start our trip. We couldn't get to the WL fast enough!!

You may want to consider staying at another airport hotel other than the Hyatt. Embassy Suites near the airport is around $89 a night and they offer complimentary shuttle service and complimentary cooked to order breakfast. That way the next morning you can start off fresh and just transfer to Pop via towncar. BTW, we're also from California and decided to fly our a day earlier to allow for travel time.

If you are worried about get the "last room" for your whole vacation and there are 2 of you, make the first night ressie with the other persons name, them re-check in the next morning.

We also arrive late at night and check in to All Star, and hopefully POP this year for one night, but then we transfer to a DVC resort so we don't care where our room is that we get the first night. Last year we were only at all star for 12 hours.

I would feel totally safe in a town car at night.

i booked the hyatt for our first nite we wont arrive until 10.30 pm id rather start fresh the next day i just made sure that nite didnt count as a vacation nite. i have a few hyatt gift checks so i figured i mite as well use yhem.:earseek: :earseek:

We are staying at the Hyatt on 4/15...then we will be going to Pop the next morning. We are arrive @6:00...not that late but, we have 6 kids :crazy: from 12 to 8 months. I just thought it would be easier to stay there. Getting the luggage, rental car, dinner, etc would take a while and then driving to Pop and checking-in...I thought the kids might not do well with all that. Also we are paying $236.00 for 2 rooms at the Hyatt and Pop would have cost $168.00. I thought the price was worth it if it saves my sanity!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, we got a Hyatt MCO reservation for our trip last month for $37 on Priceline. We researched this on Biddingfortravel.com. I ended up booking 2 rooms for a tax included price of $89, half of what we paid for one room the previous trip.

Bill From PA

I would try to stay get a room at pop. We are doing something similar we decided to drive down late one afternoon so we will be checking in around 11pm. I would just rather be able to get up and go to the parks and not have to check into another hotel again.

We've stayed at the airport Hyatt twice the night before leaving on our Disney Cruises and thought it was nice and we were able to get great rates on the Hyatt's website. It's very convenient too as it is literally in the airport terminal and when you arrive very late and pooped, check in is usually a breeze. They also have a decent pool. Hope you have a terrific vacation whatever you choose.

IMO, I'd rather stay at the POP rather than change hotels the next day. It seems like a simple matter to change hotels, but it can eat up over half a day. Depending on the time of year, if the parks close early you've wasted most of the first day just moving. A few years ago we were in Las Vegas and decided we wanted to stay another day. The hotel we were in--the Mirage--didn't have any available rooms. However, they offered us a great rate on their sister property, Treasure Island, which was right next door. The hotel transferred the bags for us and they had a little monorail we rode from one hotel to the other. Even with all that, from the time we left our room in the Mirage until we set foot in our room at Treasure Island, it was almost noon and we'd started at 8 am! It just takes time to pack up, go to the desk and do the paperwork, etc. We enjoyed the extra day, however, I wouldn't start off a vacation fooling around switching hotels. Get to your base, unpack and settle in, and enjoy!

I stayed at the Hyatt before going to CSR on my last trip. Our flight was due to arrive at 10:30 and we knew by the time we retrieved our luggage and made our way to CSR the Food Court would be closed. The Hyatt has 24 hour room service, so if you are hungry after your flight at least you still have meal options. You won't at Pop Century. Thankfully we were at the Hyatt that night because our flight didn't end up getting in until about midnight.

We had considered it as well b/c we will be arriving at CSR late but ultimately decided we would just switch rooms the next day if requests were not granted when we checked in. Also, traveling and changing resorts takes up a lot of time and you could lose hours. :)Good luck.

That's another good point about having the flight get in later than planned. It's already 10:30 or 11:00, I'd hate to think of keeping a towncar driver until midnight. Hadn't even considered food, thanks for pointing that out. We'll be flying all day, you can bet someone will be hungry. Ever been stuck at a hotel with no food in sight? No fun. I guess I want to get to WDW as soon as possible, but the Hyatt is sounding like a good idea. Thanks for the pictures!

It was so easy and convenient collecting our luggage and heading upstairs to the Hyatt. The check in girl had my keys ready and it literally only took about 3 minutes to check in. We were so tired it was great having the room ready and food available if we wanted it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter