• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stay AKV Savanna View or add extra night?

Jaylin

Mouseketeer
Oh I'm torn! We are DVC so I'm working around our points. I need some opinions. I have us booked right now for a May trip, 1BR Savanna view for 8 nights. We could book a standard view instead and stay for 9 nights.......which one???????????

Is the savanna view worth an extra day in Disney??? Take into consideration that we are just starting our DVC ownership and will be going to disney every other year from here on out.

Opinion?
Thanks!!!!

I think you're splitting hairs over 8 or 9 nights. The savannah view is awesome, I would definitely do it if it only 'costs' you one night.

I know this sounds crazy but we hardly paid attention to the animals, the pool area was the big draw for us, so if your really into the animals I'd do the eight nights savannah view but if your like us I'd go for the extra night

The savannah is pretty much the only reason I want to stay at the AKL one day - so that's my vote. :)

Thanks for you vote!
I think you're splitting hairs over 8 or 9 nights. The savannah view is awesome, I would definitely do it if it only 'costs' you one night.

Now see, this is what is killing me! I'll have DS8, DD6 and DD3 with us, and I don't know how thrilled they are going to be with the animals. Doesn't it get "old" after a day or two? We'd still be able to see them around the resort, correct? We're not even in our room for more than a hour during the day, so is it really worth it? Were you at Kidani or Jambo? Did they love the pool?
I know this sounds crazy but we hardly paid attention to the animals, the pool area was the big draw for us, so if your really into the animals I'd do the eight nights savannah view but if your like us I'd go for the extra night

We did 8 nights in a savannah view and my kids (9 & 4 at the time) loved it. No, we didn't spend a lot of time in our room, but when we were there, the kids were often watching the animals instead of watching TV! :thumbsup2 It's just such a different experience than what you can get from any other hotel, it's hard to pass up an opportunity for a savannah view. Yes, there are plenty of other places to see the animals from the hotel, but it's nice to just watch them at your leisure from your room.

The Kidani pool is great! Definitely plan on spending some time there.

Savannah view is the way to go! I never got tired of looking at the animals!!

Highly recommend it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter