Staterooms at the back (aft) of the ship reviews please?

We stayed in an aft room on the dream last May, room 7194. View was lovely backing into Nassau and castaway cay. It was huge, hallway in that end of the ship is extremely quiet but in all honesty, for the extra price we really weren't in our room long enough to enjoy it. We really only slept in our room...there was just too much to do and see in 4 days.

We did notice the vibrations and some swaying but they were bearable but noticeable to us. Only really very early in the morning.

It depends on how sensitive you are to such things. I've sailed the Dream twice. First time, we stayed mid-ship, inside, deck 9. Family stayed aft, Deck 10. Their deck was enormous, but you could definitely feel the swaying a lot more back there. Didn't bother them but it bothered me. They wanted to book aft again.

Fast-forward to the second cruise. This time we booked mid-ship, Deck 7, balcony. Didn't feel a THING. Smoothest cruise I've ever sailed on, and it was windy (we almost didn't get to do CC b/c of the wind.) Family booked aft cabin on Deck 8. This time they felt a lot of vibration, much more than deck 10, and the swaying was just as bad, but this time, my brother-in-law continued to feel like he was rocking for a week after the cruise ended, and now he says he will never book an aft room again. (This coming from a guy who loved it the first time.)

So....again, depends on you. I hate ships' movement so you'll never find me back there; I don't care how big the balcony is. I had a great time on my tiny lil' regular deck 7 balcony and had a great fireworks view to boot!

We have stayed AFT on the Magic Deck 6. Love the location, but it is very loud and lots of vibration when backing into ports. Woke me, but DD and DH slept through it every time. Wouldn't stop me from booking as long as I am the only one up I get some me time on our balcony!

We stayed in 9170 (5E) on the Dream last year...and absolutely loved it! We'd stay aft anytime.

This Oct we are on the Fantasy and currently have 5E GTY, so I'm not sure where we will be, but I'm hoping to stay 5E and get another Aft room again. Even with the reported extra vibrations that goes with the Fantasy.

We sailed on the Fantasy 7 night Eastern on 10/20/12 in room 5190. We were right under Dumbo. This was the "Hurricane Sandy cruise". It was NOT a good experience rocking and rolling the last two days and nights but especially not wonderful waking up to find a cast member on my balcony!! Nearly jumped out of my skin! Found out later he was there to open the connecting doors between ours and next door because of the winds. This was our seventh DVC cruise so I've been front, mid and back of the ship, all veranda rooms. I would definitely not recommend this room during hurricane season.

We have sailed on the dream twice in an aft room. Once on deck 9 and once one deck 10. You do feel more vibrations when pulling into port but not enough to give up the large veranda. We did hear some chair movement when staying on deck 10, but love being just one flight of steps up for breakfast . Already have an aft room booked for a :yay:Seven night in April. It is the only way my husband will go now

We sailed on the Fantasy 7 night Eastern on 10/20/12 in room 5190. We were right under Dumbo. This was the "Hurricane Sandy cruise". It was NOT a good experience rocking and rolling the last two days and nights but especially not wonderful waking up to find a cast member on my balcony!! Nearly jumped out of my skin! Found out later he was there to open the connecting doors between ours and next door because of the winds. This was our seventh DVC cruise so I've been front, mid and back of the ship, all veranda rooms. I would definitely not recommend this room during hurricane season.

I believe that is by far an exception to the norm. I'm fairly certain no cabin on that cruise would have been too fun to experience.

Hi everyone,

We just returned from a week on the Fantasy. We were a party of 9 - in adjoining rooms 7670 and 7672. We experienced horrible vibrations in both rooms, enough so that we could not sleep at night. I do not recommend these two rooms for that reason alone.

Michelle

Outside of concierge, stateroom 10658 is my favorite. Wide open layout and the balcony is huge! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter