• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stateroom next to elevator - tell me the good, the bad and the ugly

Hi Juan, I've been having trouble finding any posts about stateroom 6662 on the Fantasy and then I came across this one. We have this stateroom booked. Can you confirm it has the pull down bunk? Thanks!
Yep! We haven’t had to use it as a family of 3, but we had an amazing stateroom host last cruise in this room who set it up one night so our son could see!

Yep! We haven’t had to use it as a family of 3, but we had an amazing stateroom host last cruise in this room who set it up one night so our son could see!
Thanks for the info! Our last two cruises we had the same awesome stateroom host! One more question, this verandah is a regular verandah with clear plexiglass, not the white wall, right?

Thanks for the info! Our last two cruises we had the same awesome stateroom host! One more question, this verandah is a regular verandah with clear plexiglass, not the white wall, right?
Correct, no white wall just the clear plexiglass standard Verandah. Door opens up right to the doorway for the elevator Lobby.
Muster station was P I think, or whichever meets in the Tube. Was nice because due to Covid we just went and scanned the station and then did the drill in the room. If it ever goes back to Normal it will be nice to be able to sit and not be out on the deck for the drill!

I rolled the dice and booked a VGT knowing full-well I might not like the stateroom we were assigned. Well, lo and behold, we were assigned a 5A (woohoo!), right across from an elevator/stairwell. I'm already anticipating a lot of noise and I'm trying to figure out what to do - 1) go with it and hope for the best, 2) "upgrade" from the VGT and pick our stateroom (this will be quite a bit more than what we paid with the VGT). For those who have stayed right next to the elevator or close to it - can you tell me about your experience? Thanks!
We book those room locations specifically. We like the convenience of the elevators. Elevator noise has not been a problem (20 DCL cruises now completed, on Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy). On a single occasion, sailing on the Fantasy, there was a group of rambunctious pre-teens playing on the stairs late into the evening. We called Guest Services, and it was quickly remedied.

ETA: I see I had already posted to this thread last November. Well, one more positive cruise experience now added since that, this time on the Wonder cruise to Hawaii. We still like the location near elevator lobby. Good thing, since we have the same room booked for b2b2b on the Magic in September.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter