Stateroom for 4

THESCHULTZFIVE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>I'm really nuts
Our stateroom is listed as sleeping 4(cat. 9), so does that mean we'll have a "ceiling bed"? Has anyone ever slept on the ceiling bed and is it comfortable?

My kids (9 and 12) took turns sleeping on the ceiling bed and couch bed. They liked the ceiling better. We were on a 3 nighter so they had to flip a coin for the last night! ;)

Yes, all staterooms for 4 have the bunk that drops out of the ceiling. DD loves it, and insists on using it even if the lower bunk is available.

If there are not 4 of you, the bunk will stay in the ceiling (unless you ask your steward to set it up for a child who wants it.) It is very comfortable. It does have a weight limit--210 or 230, I think.

I've been wondering about that too. My kids are all excited (DS7 & DD13) and have even worked out a schedule on sharing the ceiling bed. They will be (DS9 & DD14) when we cruise. I have a feeling DD won't be so excited by then. But you never know.

Do all the cat 9 rooms have the couch/pull out & ceiling bed next to the window?

So we'll have the reg. bed, pull out couch(it pulls out right?) and a ceiling bed? How high is it off the ground. How young of a child would you put in it?

The back of the couch folds down to make the bed. You can go to DCL's web site and take the virtual tour. Click on some of the staterooms and it'll show you exactly how the ceiling and couch beds work.
The ceiling bed is about the same as a bunk bed. You can request a guard rail for smaller children.

It is the height of a regular bunk bed. Our 5 yo DS used it without a problem on our first cruise.

The sofa bed does not pull out like a normal sofa bed....it is more of Futon......it is very comfortable. In fact my friend called dibs on it already for the repo cruise!!

MJ

mmouse37 said:
The sofa bed does not pull out like a normal sofa bed....it is more of Futon......it is very comfortable.
True, it's not a pull-put sofa sleeper. But it's certainly not like any futon I've ever seen either.

Essentially, the sofa rotates on its long axis to reveal a flat mattress. This makes a single bed along the wall. It does not extend into the room like a sofa sleeper.

The bunk that folds out of the ceiling is directly above it. (Many staterooms do not have the upper bunk, so such staterooms have a maximum capacity of 3 passengers.)

Our family of 4 (me, wife, and dd 18, and dd 21) coexist very well in a stateroom. Sleeping arraingements for the past 3 cruises have always been the same dd18 gets sofa and dd21 gets ceiling bed. Do not know how it happened, but it has always stayed that way.

I have climbed up on the bed and it is quite comfortable. Never slept in it, though. DD does not have much of a problem sleeping on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter