Stateroom decorations from DCL

MickeyMagic

DIS Veteran
My DD's birthday will be the 2nd day of our cruise. I see that DCL has stateroom decorations that can be ordered which includes a birthday cake, banner and cascade. Has anyone ordered this or the bon voyage decorations? Does DCL hang them up in the room prior to embarkation or do they just give you the decorations and you need to hang them? Is this always done on embarkation day or could I ask to have them put up on her birthday while we are in Nassau?

The decorations and cake are $39.00 through DCL. If I brought my own decorations (ie banner and/or cascade), how easy will it be for me to put up on my own? What supplies to you think I'd need? Will the room steward take them down?

Thanks for any information you provide!!!

I ordered the Bon Yoyage Decorations for our Jan 2008 cruise and they were great! :goodvibes My daughters were very surprised and happy to see the decorations and cake when they entered the room. The staff puts them up for you before your first visit to your cabin. We still have them and my daughter has one hanging in her room right now!

I ordered the birthday decorations and cake as a surprise for my husband last July on the Magic. I told DCL the date of his birthday, and when we got back from breakfast the room was all decorated! We still have some of the decorations hanging at home too :). You could certainly bring your own decorations but the surprise will be easier if DCL does it.

My DD's birthday will be the 2nd day of our cruise. I see that DCL has stateroom decorations that can be ordered which includes a birthday cake, banner and cascade. Has anyone ordered this or the bon voyage decorations? Does DCL hang them up in the room prior to embarkation or do they just give you the decorations and you need to hang them? Is this always done on embarkation day or could I ask to have them put up on her birthday while we are in Nassau?

The decorations and cake are $39.00 through DCL. If I brought my own decorations (ie banner and/or cascade), how easy will it be for me to put up on my own? What supplies to you think I'd need? Will the room steward take them down?

Thanks for any information you provide!!!

We did this 6 years ago and thought it was not worth the $$ for what you received:thumbsup2

Rob

I am bringing my own for my daughter, we picked up a lot at the Dollar Store. I will have tape, cable ties and thumb tacks. Do you recommend anything else?

I am bringing my own for my daughter, we picked up a lot at the Dollar Store. I will have tape, cable ties and thumb tacks. Do you recommend anything else?

I do not think that thumb tacks are a good idea,also DCL frowns on tape:sad2:

Rob

I ordered the Bon Voyage last month. It was a great surprise and I didn't have to do a thing :) My dd has the decorations hung up in her bedroom to remind her of our magical trip

If you order a stateroom gift, how smoothly does DCL handle it if you upgrade rooms at the port?

If I can upgrade at the port, I will do so in a heartbeat. But I wonder about confusion getting my luggage and stateroom gift properly delivered.

I ordered the Bon Voyage for my gals and they loved it. You get a hugh door magnet, 2 fancy streamers inside, large banner and of course cake.

:banana:

I managed to get the "Bon Voyage" banner down without ripping it too badly, and it's been hanging in my office ever since. Of course, it hangs right above my 3'x4' velvet "dogs playing poker", but that's okay...

does any one have a picture of the birthday package/cake ordered for the room. I am thinking about doing this for my son and wondered if it would be better to bring my own decoration.

thanks

What flavor of cake are they providing now with the stateroom celebration packages? I dread ending up with one of those jelly or fruit-filled things. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter