State of Emergency

According to what I just read on a news site, "A state of emergency was declared to provide all available resources needed to local government and law-enforcement agencies." I don't see what that would have to do with Disney, unless maybe to increase security. It doesn't mean they'll close the parks, if that's what you're asking.

Yeah, I don't even think they closed the parks during 9-11, did they? We were there 4 days after 9-11 and it was completely empty, but they were open.

Dd and I arrived at WDW yesterday mid-morning. We did not hear of last night's tragedy until someone at home asked us about it. This was at lunch time today. Dd and I have been to Animal Kingdom, Kidani Village (Sanaa), and Disney Springs today, as well as around our home resort (SSR). We have noticed nothing different. Security is tighter than last summer but probably about the same as at Christmas. Yesterday, everyone at MK had to go through a metal detector. Today at AK, only a token few were "specially selected" to go through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter