Starwood Points Usage

dim-dim

Earning My Ears
I need a little help. Going down Easter week and would like to use my STARWOOD points to purchase room. I see that the S/D go for 10,000 pts per night and that the Sheretons outside Disney go for 2,000 to 3,000 per night. How do those compare to the S/D? Which, outside Disney, Shereton is the best? Thanks

The Swan/Dolphin are so much more convenient than the other Starwood properties in the area that there is no comparison. The Swan and Dolphin are right on Disney property -- you can literally walk to Epcot and Disney-MGM Studios.

In addition, Swan/Dolphin are very upscale hotels with wonderful pools and amenities.

The Westin Grand Bohemian is very, very nice but not at all convenient to WDW. It is downtown and more of a business hotel. 7000 pts/night.

The Sheraton Safari is pretty close to WDW but it's basically a glorified motel -- has a nice jungle-themed pool, so if you're traveling with kids you might consider it. 3000-4000 pts/night, but you can easily find rates of around $59-69 a night at this hotel.

The rest of the Starwood hotels around WDW are pretty ordinary and not worth the points, IMO.

Are you aware that you can use 1000 Starpoints and get 50% off the regular rates at the Swan/Dolphin? Might be a better use of points...

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter