STARTING week of Dec 12th, 2022 Genie+ Times will be able to be modified!

The refresh method works just fine now, but it was always nerve wracking not having a stand-in LL booked Justin case you don't find what you want. Being able to grab one and then continue to refresh will definitely make me feel better as I go through my day refreshing!
The amount of times I'd hesitate for a split second if a time was like an hour out and I thought I could do better, but the hesitation would lose me the LL anyways :laughing:

If it works where, after you modify (even to a different ride), you become eligible for a new LL 2 hours after you made the ORIGINAL selection (not the modified selection) or when you tap in (whichever is earlier), that would be huge!!

Even on old Maxpass, which I believe had a sort of modify, your 90 minute window got reset if you changed. So I often faced a dilemma where I thought I’d like to modify, but I don’t want to reset my 90 min window, particularly on very crowded days.

We’ll see exactly how it work, my guess is the 2 hour window will reset to when you modify, not the original selection.
According to the reports - modifying does not change your next eligibility time. Only cancelling and rebooking will reset it.

The refresh method works just fine now, but it was always nerve wracking not having a stand-in LL booked Justin case you don't find what you want. Being able to grab one and then continue to refresh will definitely make me feel better as I go through my day refreshing!
It only works OK now when you're first making the selection. (And that's putting aside the fact that half the time you refresh and find an earlier time it's no longer available after your click it. But once you've booked refresh is too risky since you have to cancel any LL you have to use it.

I'll be there next Thursday-Sunday. Really hope it is in motion by then. ;)

Here now...they must've heard me complaining to my son about our inability to do this literally the day before it was announced! I still don't like the whole Genie+ system, but this will be an improvement!

Refreshing will be far more competitive now. I’ve seen reports of good success with refresh, but I haven’t had the will to risk it. Now I will refresh far more, along with a thousand other people.
I think for me, this change will alleviate one of the stresses of stacking for later where the times are Too Early. Now I’ll just grab the too early time and change it later.

While I don't like the ride once feature personally - that one makes absolutely perfect sense to allow more availability for the more popular rides over the course of the day. I've been complaining about Genie+ since the beginning but that's probably one thing they need to keep.
No, because at a place like AK it makes G+ useless.

Refreshing was my favorite part of fast pass. Helped get everything we wanted and able to fast pass every rode

You do stare at your phone.. all day.. though lol

Refreshing was my favorite part of fast pass. Helped get everything we wanted and able to fast pass every rode

You do stare at your phone.. all day.. though lol
I love refreshing too, it’s a fun game for us 😂 I often travel with my mom who cannot stand for longer than 15-20 minutes (vertigo) at a time, and can’t do that too many times in one day. There’s no way she’d use a wheelchair for at least another decade and obviously DAS doesn’t apply to things that a wheelchair will fix. So we rely 100% on Genie+ and while we do well with the current method, modifying should make it even better!

No, because at a place like AK it makes G+ useless.
Not at all - it's simply limited due to the number of rides. And my point is even more valid due to that. Allowing people to make multiple reservations for the same ride means that all reservations are gone in that park far earlier in the day making Genie+ even more useless for a larger number of people. And people park hop as well so being limited at one park means nothing in and of itself.

Not at all - it's simply limited due to the number of rides. And my point is even more valid due to that. Allowing people to make multiple reservations for the same ride means that all reservations are gone in that park far earlier in the day making Genie+ even more useless for a larger number of people. And people park hop as well so being limited at one park means nothing in and of itself.
Agree. I really don't think they will get rid of the "once per ride" rule because they are already struggling with supply as it is. We aren't planning to pay for G+ at AK or EP for this reason, and I'm actually relieved about that! We may do an ILL at each one though, we'll see.

Refreshing will be far more competitive now. I’ve seen reports of good success with refresh, but I haven’t had the will to risk it. Now I will refresh far more, along with a thousand other people.
I think for me, this change will alleviate one of the stresses of stacking for later where the times are Too Early. Now I’ll just grab the too early time and change it later.
In returm more availability times will be later because people will try to update the LLs for an earlier time and if they get it the later time becomes available.

I have not modified anything yet, but for an average guest this is a well hidden feature that they will not find and basically a new refresh screen.
Cannot modify ILL$.

UPDATE
Modified my first LL for Tower. Easy process so far. The 2 hour window stayed the same as when I originally booked.

Last edited:
have not modified anything yet, but for an average guest this is a well hidden feature that they will not find and basically a new refresh screen.

I don't think a lot of people grasp Genie+ period. :rotfl2:

My niece was there before Thanksgiving and even with me explaining it several times while she was there, she still kept missing opportunities to make new LL's. ;);)

I don't think a lot of people grasp Genie+ period. :rotfl2:

My niece was there before Thanksgiving and even with me explaining it several times while she was there, she still kept missing opportunities to make new LL's. ;);)
It’s really hard to not miss opportunities. I mean, I know the system backwards and forwards and even I sometimes forget when two hours has gone by. I literally have to keep setting alarms on my phone. It’s such an annoying system.

IMO the reason people seem to struggle with Genie+ so much is due to using like FP+ and stacking LLs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter