Starting Early ... Nove 2014 PTR (PLANNING update! 4/11/14)

@twinsouvenirs

Wow, yeah, I can see how law school and kids would put a damper on raiding. :P I'm not playing again until the next expansion, because I had this bright idea that going back to school full-time would be completely okay while working a full-time job as a project manager. :confused3 Some days, I am not the best decision-maker...

I did rent points! It was so exciting to be able to get a studio for the price of the moderate we were looking at. And even though I submitted my request at EXACTLY the 11 month mark, it was touch and go!

I hope to buy tickets from Undercover Tourist, yes! Especially with an unexpected wedding at the same time, I need to save money wherever I can. I am leaning pretty heavily toward a park hopper, though, just because we're soooo close to Epcot. New nightcap at F&W every night; how cool would that be?

So far, the only purchase I've made is the room, but we're edging up on needing to start other things. I've got the cute little magnet they sent me with my dates .... I know I'm going to be so excited when I get to start making ADRs!

Hmmm.... so I saw a rumor today of a new IllumiNations Dessert Party with desserts from the Showcase, and sparkling wine.

*ponder*

Ack! I just heard that Kouzzina is closing!

We had been planning on taking it easy on the Boardwalk our first night in, and having supper at Kouzzina. I wasn't planning on park tickets that day, because I didn't want to feel pressured to "make the most of" our first day.

Now I'm not sure where to eat. Should I wait for whatever new is going to replace Kouzzina, or should I plan an ADR somewhere else?

Ideas welcomed. :)

The November 2014 operating calendar was released today, so I was finally able to plan! I get to make my ADRs on May 6. Here's what we've got so far:

:idea: Day 1 (arrival) :idea:
Arrive in the afternoon from MCO, and spend the evening looking around the resort and playing on the Boardwalk.
ADRs: None
FP+: N/A

:idea: Day 2 (Magic Kingdom "left") :idea:
Magic Kingdom has morning EMHs today, and it's a great day to start early! Instead of the normal split, I'm splitting MK right down the middle. Today will be Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square. Shoryl loves parades and fireworks. Loves them more than 5 year olds do, I swear. The goal today is to visit PotC and Jungle Cruise early in the AM, so that I can use the FPs for the events. (I know some of you would see that as a waste, but remember we don't have kids.)
ADRs: None
FP+: BTTR, MSEP, Wishes

:idea: Day 3 (Epcot World Showcase) :idea:
Again, I'm splitting Epcot differently than most touring plans. This is our F&W day. (And remember what I said about Shoryl and fireworks. While the IllumiNations party is not the best deal for the money, I think she'll really enjoy it.) I'm at a loss about what I want to do with two of my FPs, though, as they're mostly for Future World.
ADRs: IllumiNations Dessert Party
FP+: Maelstrom, ??, ??

:idea: Day 4 (DHS) :idea:
Lots of shows and, of course, fireworks. I can't use a FP for Fantasmic! though, as I really, really want to ride RNR again. It was my favorite in all the parks last time we were there. We looked into a Fantasmic! dinner reservation, but none of the restaurants appealed to us.
ADRs: Sci-Fi Dine In
FP+: RNR, Muppets, Indy Stunt Show

:idea: Day 5 (DAK/Future World) :idea:
Okay, I'm not entirely positive that I can make this work, but we're thinking a quick jaunt to AK when they open to hit the safari and walk around a bit, then over to Future World by 3-4 for the evening. It's the last Saturday of the F&W, and I know Epcot will be packed. I'm hoping to mitigate that by using all our FPs in Future World and staying the heck out of World Showcase (except for an early dinner). Funny thing about Mission:SPACE: I've never ridden the "green" side, since the last time I was there was in 2004, when there was only one side.
ADRs: Biergarten
FP+: Test Track, Mission:SPACE (Green), Spaceship Earth

:idea: Day 6 (Magic Kingdom "right") :idea:
An early ADR at Crystal Palace, then straight back to Fantasyland. Shoryl didn't particularly care for Beauty and the Beast, and I have no desire to see ETWB (this makes things a lot easier). We'll come out of Fantasyland into Tomorrowland, then finish our early day in the parks with some shopping on Main Street. It's a MVMCP day, so we're heading over to the Spirit of Aloha show to hopefully see the Christmas Wishes from there.
ADRs: Crystal Palace, Spirit of Aloha
FP+: Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Space Mountain.

:idea: Day 7 (leaving) :idea:
A quiet morning before we hop on the plane home. Since we're starting at Kona for breakfast, we might have time to do the resort monorail loop and just look around a bit to say goodbye.
ADRs: Kona
FP+: N/A

So that's my plan to give my girl a whirlwind honeymoon. My ulterior motive is, of course, to make her want to come back!

Just stumbled across your thread... My family of four is arriving at the BWV on the same date (11/5) for eleven nights and we chose that week for what looks like similar reasons (we can experience both F&W then MVMCP).

How do you already know that the MK has morning EMH on the 6th? We usually try to avoid MK on those mornings, so I may move some ideas around.

I picked up a glow bouncy ball and some glow bracelets from Target today for $1 each. For my wife. Who's on the other side of 40.

Did I mention she's a 5 year old at heart?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter